Hurricane Jeanne

Chimpie

Site Administrator
Community Leader
Even though we are on the west coast of Florida, we are under a tropical storm warning. As Jeanne comes closer to the east coast we'll begin to feel the affects of the feeder bands as the rotate across the state.

I had to pass through Charlotte and Lee counties (the two counties greatly affected by Hurr. Charley) Thursday and Friday while running errans for work and it looks just as bad as it did five weeks ago. They don't need any more high winds or rain.

Please keep all of Florida in your thoughts and prayers this weekend. We definetly don't need any storm.

Chimp

OP
OP
Chimpie

Chimpie

Site Administrator
Community Leader
Right now we are under a Tropical Storm Warning, Hurricane Watch and a Flood Watch. There is a tornado watch just to the north of us and we'll probably be under one before the night is over with.

You'll think I'm nuts, but we're heading out to supper and then watch the sunset. Talk to you all soon.

:D

Dave
Sarasota, FL

rescuecpt

Community Leader Emeritus
Sounds like you're having fun out there.... ;)

OP
OP
Chimpie

Chimpie

Site Administrator
Community Leader
Well, I couldn't call it fun, but we did survive. Winds got really nasty early Sunday morning and it took out our power around 6am. We just got it back on, over 48 hours later.

I'll be back soon,

Chimp

rescuecpt

I survived my first earthquake!

I'm in CA for work, and we had a 5.9 quake... I'm about 150 miles from the epicenter, so it's pretty far, but we still felt it here. Apparently it was felt about 350 miles in each direction.

:D

ffemt8978

Forum Vice-Principal
Community Leader

SafetyPro2

Forum Safety Officer
That's the one. I didn't feel it here, but I know a few in the area did.

Erika, where're you at?

rescuecpt

Yep, that's it... I'm in Santa Cruz.

ffemt8978

Forum Vice-Principal
Community Leader
All I know is that when I was stationed in San Fran, I slept through three earthquakes. :D

I've yet to be awake for one.

SafetyPro2

Forum Safety Officer
Originally posted by rescuecpt@Sep 28 2004, 07:58 PM
Yep, that's it... I'm in Santa Cruz.
Ahh, other end of the state from me. Santa Cruz is a nice area.

I've slept through several quakes. My wife's first one, she woke me up in a panic, and I actually said "Oh, it's just an earthquake. Go back to sleep."

OP
OP
Chimpie

Chimpie

Site Administrator
Community Leader
Okay, so there is a very good chance that within the next year or so I'll be moving to where Chris (Safety Pro) is and then within a couple years of that moving to where Erika (rescuecpt) is. I swear you all are going to think I'm a stalker or something. LOL

Chimp

ffemt8978

Forum Vice-Principal
Community Leader
Originally posted by Chimpie@Sep 28 2004, 10:18 PM
Okay, so there is a very good chance that within the next year or so I'll be moving to where Chris (Safety Pro) is and then within a couple years of that moving to where Erika (rescuecpt) is. I swear you all are going to think I'm a stalker or something. LOL

Chimp
Time for me to remove my location from my profle. :D

SafetyPro2

Forum Safety Officer
Anyone have the number for the Witness Relocation Program? :p

rescuecpt

I'm not here permanently... but I won't tell you where I'm going next.... ;)

So apparently last night I missed the white-trash call of a lifetime in my area... the guys emailed me to fill me in. They showed up for an MVA - a drunk driver hit a car with a young female driver. She called her boyfriend, he showed up, and the two of them beat the crap out of the drunk driver. When the crew arrived, there was a shotgun shell in the road (but the patient hadn't been shot), and the pt was drowning in a puddle of rainwater (thanks hurricane Jeanne) and his own blood. Massive facial trauma... he was tubed and stuck and packaged. The Chief got the helo up (despite the hurricane going on) and 3 PD cars and the Chief tore over to the landing zone to block traffic... but no ambulance... just then they were radioed by the driver - the ambulance was stuck in the mud on the divider. They got a second bus out to take the patient to the LZ and had to have the PD Emergency Services pull the 1st bus out of the mud. One of my guys flew in the Helo to the hospital, where 5 people asked him why they flew in this weather - he didn't think it was bad until he looked at the flight medic who was white as a ghost.

I always miss the fun stuff!

PArescueEMT

Forum Bartender
hey chimp... are you shore you want to hit cali???
I understand the fear that fla is going to blow away; but cali is just gonna slide into the water. i think the already have the black tags ready for all of the residents. ;)

I'm just kidding guys. you have to realize that last night, Philly had an Amtrak train under mud, tracks sinking, and 500 passengers on board; 30 cars under water on the interstate with 6 injured and 3 trapped (divers needed to extricate them); 27+ major roadways closed after about 1 1/2 hrs of driving rain THAT I GOT CAUGHT IN CHANGING A FLAT TIRE ON MY CAR!!!!!!!! :angry:

needless to say, the raincoat, umbrella, and the metro helmet I had on didn't help keep me dry at all. my clothes are still drying out 24 hrs l8r

ya gotta love the rain. <_< :)

ffemt8978

Forum Vice-Principal
Community Leader
Originally posted by PArescueEMT@Sep 29 2004, 11:33 PM
hey chimp... are you shore you want to hit cali???
I understand the fear that fla is going to blow away; but cali is just gonna slide into the water. i think the already have the black tags ready for all of the residents. ;)

I'm not so sure Washington is a good place to be right now. There's talk that Mount St. Helen's is going to blow her top again in the very near future. :(