How would you describe the dutys of a wheel chair transporters dutys

Nickb

Forum Probie
How would you describe the duty s of a wheel chair transporters. Im about to go to a real rig. I have to fill out a job app and this part is kind of stumping me

OP
OP
N

Nickb

Forum Probie
Taking people who cannot drive them selves to and from doctors appointments in a timely fashion. Cleaning and resupplying vans . Making sure paper work is filled out properly. Is what I Came up with

fast65

Doogie Howser FP-C
Well, what do you do on a daily basis? Once you compile a list of your daily duties, you'll have your answer.

mycrofft

Still crazy but elsewhere
Been there did that without a lift.

1. Do not drop the patient.
2. Do not unnecessarily scare the patient.
3. Make small talk if it seems ok, and look in the mirror once in a while.
4. Know the policies about treating an emergency, or refusing a pt who is too sick for you to safely carry.

FourLoko

Forum Lieutenant
1. Speak foreign language (Russian) on cell phone, loudly, in the lobby
2. Take smoke breaks outside of facility while patient waits inside
3. Back up like a madman in cramped parking lots
4. Take parking spaces from EMT ambulances

Meursault

Organic Mechanic
  • Steal entire stock of cleaning products, hand sanitizer, gloves, and 9' straps from EMS supplies.
  • Block in ambulances.
  • Attempt to on-sight emergencies and make a fool of yourself while doing so.
  • Become inexplicably confused when confronted with a radio and require frequent on-air reminders to switch to the right channel and make sense.
  • Occasionally transport pts. without involving BLS for a carryup/down or triaging to an ambulance
  • Disappear between 1900 and 0700, leaving BLS overnight crews to cover all wheelchair transports.

In fairness, I've worked with a lot of good EMTs who started as chair coach drivers. Unfortunately, this means that the wheelchair side is populated mostly with the people too stupid or apathetic to become EMTs, and that's saying a lot.