how soon is exam scheduled?

kaisardog

Forum Crew Member
how soon was your NREMT scheduled after you send in the verifications of having passed the state EMT boards and the money? i ask this because NREMT gave me a very curt answer as to when the exam would be scheduled: 'we will tell you when the exam is after we process your payment.' The trouble is --I have some out of town professional commitments already made through December 2013 (like professional trainings and vacations where I'd lose a lot of $$$ if i cancel. )So i don't want to pay now and get a test date that I can't keep, then get charged a reschedule fee, then get another date I can't keep.. and so on. (I play in a professional band; we have most gigs on Saturdays. ) I have until may 2014 to challenge the NREMT so I will wait til I get some input from you experienced folk before sending them my money... And NREMT won't even tell me whether I get a choice of exam dates and times , or whether they give a candidate one 'take it or leave it ' date for the exam. I find their curt attitude (in response to my email inquiry) and their refusal to answer these simple questions to be quite discouraging---in fact, so discouraging that I might just give up the whole idea of taking the NREMT. :huh:

chet

Forum Crew Member
I paid for the written exam with a credit card and then I was able to select the date I wanted to test. (I did this on the NREMT webpage) Hope this helps...

OP
OP
K

kaisardog

Forum Crew Member
thanks, that helps a lot. the canned replies to my same question via email from 'Tania' at NREMT HQ were completely useless.

xrsm002

Forum Captain
You are able to schedule your test for a day/ time that will work for you, you have 3 chances to pass, if you fail the 3rd time you have to take a refresher course then will get another 3 chances if you fail after that 6th time you have to retake the entire course for your
cert level.