How soon after Your emt class did you take the nremt b?

gronch

Forum Probie
3 weeks. If I waited any longer, I was at risk of losing information. I used that time to study what I felt were my weaknesses.

Your textbook has all the answers for NREMT, but don't stop there. Search for what you don't know and follow as many links as you can before you pass out.

avdrummerboy

Forum Lieutenant
I took mine as quick as I could get in, which ended up being a couple weeks after the class finished. I studied hard the whole time until though. If you did good in the class you'll do fine on the exam, if you had some areas that were not that good, then brush up on them and wait a week or two then schedule it.

ViolynEMT

Forum Chiefess
10 days after. Wanted to get it over with and take it while everything was still fresh in my mind. Cut off at 67 and passed!

JWalters

Forum Crew Member
So how long did it generally take you all to get your authorization to test once you requested/paid for it? My class ends on Dec 05 and I have the practical scheduled for Dec 20. I am REALLY hoping that I can take the written prior to the practical, just to avoid any delays in getting results over the holidays. My instructor said that she will put in the class info on the night of the 5th so I should be processed on the 6th. Is there a reasonable chance that I'll be able to take the written prior to the practical? I'm in Ma if that makes any difference.

ViolynEMT

Forum Chiefess
Our practical was done as a class on the last day of school. (The school was an authorized test center) The class final was August 18 and the practical was the 20th. It's a shame you can't take it sooner. I then took the cbt on September 4th. (Didn't finish my clinical shifts til August 25) It would have been frustrating to wait. I hope you're able to git 'er done sooner!

arsenal328

Forum Ride Along
My school was an authorized test center so we had practicals as a class (for those who passed the written final the day before). Practical final was September 21, 2014 and my instructor approved me by the morning of the September 23. I'm taking it on Wednesday, October 5.

ViolynEMT

Forum Chiefess
My school was an authorized test center so we had practicals as a class (for those who passed the written final the day before). Practical final was September 21, 2014 and my instructor approved me by the morning of the September 23. I'm taking it on Wednesday, October 5.

Where is your school. My school in Az. did the same thing.

Twitch559

Forum Crew Member
My EMT-b class finished September 3rd and tested with the cbt on october 7th. 120 questions, passed