How is AMR ventura as a new paramedic

Newparamedic

Forum Crew Member
I am interested in working for AMR Ventura , but there is little to no information regarding it. I have heard very good things. Coming from a county that is severely limited on what you can and can't do and fire has primary medical authority I want to work in a county where I can " treat the pt" and not have fire telling me what to do. I did my internship in a county that has split medical authority and liked it. Any other info regarding arm Ventura county would be helpful too.

Jn1232th

Forum Captain
Don’t know much about Ventura specifically but do know it’s AMR and Gold Coast which is an AMR affiliate. Fire is ALS so be acting more as the transporting medic. Santa Barbara was super cool if you live up in area or can relocate or don’t mind a long commute haha. BLS Fire ( except for city), decent protocols and pay.
Distance for me was bit to much for time being but definitely will reapply in future if I move closer

VCEMT

Forum Captain
It’s your show, you run the call. AMR owns Gold Coast, but those are two separate companies and the work culture is night and day. East county is more laid back than West County, however, expect to be on the move the first part of a 24. There are 12-hour units that handle the gaps during calls, but they may be running IFTs. Management is... Some are good to their crews and some forget they used to be one of the crews.

OP
OP
N

Newparamedic

Forum Crew Member
I apologize for the late response. Thank you for the responses and for giving me some insight into amr ventura.