Hospitalized Tourist Claims She Was Molested

MMiz

I put the M in EMTLife
Community Leader
Hospitalized Tourist Claims She Was Molested; Files Suit

MIAMI -- A tourist on vacation in Miami has filed a multimillion-dollar lawsuit against a local hospital and an emergency medical technician, alleging she was molested when she went to the facility seeking treatment.

Gloria Flores, 32, of California, says she was semiconscious in the emergency room of South Shore Hospital when technician Julio Tandron abused her

Read More!

OP
OP
MMiz

MMiz

I put the M in EMTLife
Community Leader
I'm watching this live on "The Today Show" and am not sure what's going on here.

The person that assaulted her was part of the hospital. They're suing the hospital for 10 million, yet the guy is labeled as "EMS" on TV.

Anyone in California hear more about this?

rescuecpt

Community Leader Emeritus
Yeah, a lot of people call ED/ER personnel EMS.

SafetyPro2

Forum Safety Officer
Originally posted by MMiz@Aug 2 2004, 05:18 AM
I'm watching this live on "The Today Show" and am not sure what's going on here.

The person that assaulted her was part of the hospital. They're suing the hospital for 10 million, yet the guy is labeled as "EMS" on TV.

Anyone in California hear more about this?
Haven't heard anything about it out here, and don't see anything on the local news outlets.

I know some EMS services are run through hospitals, but I thought most of Florida was FD based. I know Miami FD and Miami-Dade Fire Rescue (the county) run their own EMS.