Hospital Experience?

ag91

Forum Ride Along
Hi everyone,

I am taking an EMT-B class this fall and am currently working on a cardiac floor at a hospital here in Mass as a nursing tech. Is it good to apply for an EMT job with some hospital experience or does it not matter? Deciding if I should keep my job at the hospital or go per diem and back to my old job for a while.

Thanks,

AG

bigbaldguy

Former medic seven years 911 service in houston
Any patient contact experience will put you ahead of a candidate with no patient contact experience. Is the per Diem job also in the medical field?

VFlutter

Flight Nurse
Hi everyone,

I am taking an EMT-B class this fall and am currently working on a cardiac floor at a hospital here in Mass as a nursing tech. Is it good to apply for an EMT job with some hospital experience or does it not matter? Deciding if I should keep my job at the hospital or go per diem and back to my old job for a while.

Thanks,

AG

What is your end goal? The hospital I work at did not really care too much about my EMT experience when applying for Tech jobs and still made me go through the entire training/orientation course. However, now that I am writing my resume for RN jobs the recruiter said that my cardiac tech experience was a big plus. Also not that money is everything but I make way more in the hospital than I would working as a basic.

OP
OP
A

ag91

Forum Ride Along
Yes but its an office job at a visiting nursing company, so not much patient contact as at the hospital.

OP
OP
A

ag91

Forum Ride Along
What is your end goal? The hospital I work at did not really care too much about my EMT experience when applying for Tech jobs and still made me go through the entire training/orientation course. However, now that I am writing my resume for RN jobs the recruiter said that my cardiac tech experience was a big plus. Also not that money is everything but I make way more in the hospital than I would working as a basic.

Still trying to figure out what my end goal will be. Thought of nursing but I think I would like EMT more but will see when im done with the class this fall.