Hospital acquired MRSA

EMTT760

Forum Probie
Well I finally got it.. MRSA that is, I always took all the standard precautions, including wearing isolation gowns, gloves and washing hands. Sadly the worst part about it is my girlfriend now has it too!

My employer does not know. I know they could possibly put me on leave until I am treated or seen by a M.D.

I don't know if MRSA counts as a workers compensation claim or not, since it's dfficult to prove where I acquired it from. Not sure if I should speak out or not, doing so may possibly be a career ender. :(

Last edited:

Ewok Jerky

PA-C
You meen you are colonized or you have a MRSA+ infection? I guarantee most of us are colonized with it. Then it's only a matter of time before you get an infection that is MRSA+.

Unless the injury occurred at work I wouldn't bring up workers comp.

You might get put n leave you might not. Maybe light duty. I would talk with your MD and your supervisor.

OP
OP
E

EMTT760

Forum Probie
I've been having active infections. I was treated with Rocephin andin the past and that caused it become colonized for awhile. Not anymore apparently.

Last edited:

djk5v

Forum Ride Along
I personally think you need to report it for the good of the public and disease prevention.