Hey

Zombie Killer

Forum Probie
Hey guys, I'm a long time listener/first time poster ;-). I recently moved to the Riverside county area. And I'm currently looking to get into EMS here. Are there any active posters here in the forum that are familiar with this area and how to get a foot into the door ? Thanks for your responses in advance. :)

Zeke

jgmedic

Fire Truck Driver
What do you want to know? Are you a basic, a medic, or a student? Do you want 911 or IFT? In RivCo, with the exception of some areas in the desert where fire(CDF and Cathedral City) do their own transport, it's all AMR, 3 divisons, Riverside, Hemet, and Palm Springs. Except for Hemet City and a few small CDF areas all fire is ALS as well. Jobs at AMR are scarce right now, both basic and medic. There are some IFT only companies as well, Mission, CRA, Calvary, to name a few.

OP
OP
Zombie Killer

Zombie Killer

Forum Probie
Thank you very much jgmedic for responding to my thread. Well, I'm hoping to enroll in the BLS class this coming semester at College Of the Desert in May. I currently live in D.H.S.which is right next to Palm Springs. I really want to pursue a career here in particular. Willing to relocate though just to get a career started in EMS. May I ask where you're from, and how you got into this field ?

jgmedic

Fire Truck Driver
I am a paramedic for AMR. PM me if you want to know which division. I started my EMS career in Orange County, did my basic course at Saddleback College, worked at Care Ambulance in Orange for 2 years, medic school at RCC, worked up north a bit and then came back to RivCo. I don't know too much about COD's program but I've heard it's good. DHS is served by AMR-Palm Springs, good division from what I've heard, they are pretty small and hiring at all AMR divisions is pretty slow, best bet once you get your B is to go to AMR IE main in Rancho and fill out an app, put your name for all the divisions you'd like and then hurry up and wait for them to call you.