Hey, new here

Never2Old

Forum Crew Member
The best part is that you can build on that anxiety if you choose to by advancing beyond EMT.

Know that when you finish class and get certified, and I am sure you will, you will look back after a while and say to yourself, eh, that wasn't so bad after all. I like doing this, and I think I can take it to the next level.

Then you'll decide to become an AEMT, and that whole anxiety thing starts all over and you curse your decision several times. But, you pass the class, and before you know it your certified! How awesome was that you think. It was harder than EMT, but you still did it!

Then a little later you forget all about the hard stuff, and the opportunity to go to Medic school presents itself. You can do this you think to yourself, heck, your an AEMT now, which is really just Paramedic light ... right?

About six months later you question every decision you ever made, your own sanity, whether you are capable of ever again making an adult decision. Anxiety is then taken to levels only know by combat vets and high school principles. But, you get through it, and you go through the gut wrenching anxiety of the NREMT test for the third time .... and viola! You're a Paramedic!

Best of luck! I am sure you can, and will do this. And this is a great resource to turn to if you have questions outside of the classroom or station.