Hepatitis A/B immunization????

Pittsburgh Proud

Forum Lieutenant
Anyone have any clue if one round of shots is good for life or do we need to get them every so often? I've gotten a couple sets just because I couldn't find my damn immunization records... :sad:

Christopher

Forum Deputy Chief
Anyone have any clue if one round of shots is good for life or do we need to get them every so often? I've gotten a couple sets just because I couldn't find my damn immunization records... :sad:

For Hep A the CDC does not recommend receiving more than the standard 2 injections (or 3-4 injections if you get an A/B set), as it does not confer any additional benefit. It is also not harmful to receive it again.

For Hep B, if you have a titre drawn and it shows up negative for surface antibodies you'll likely get a booster then have titres redrawn. If these are negative you'll have to get the round of 3-4 injections again. Again, as with the Hep A vaccine, it is safe to receive the Hep B vaccine again.

PotatoMedic

Has no idea what I'm doing.
If your concerned your immunity may have worn off go to your doctor and ask for a blood titer to be done. it will be able to tell if your still immune or not. Usually hep a and b last a long time. They say for life but who really knows.

Or what Christopher said. It sounds fancier.

Last edited by a moderator:

kaisardog

Forum Crew Member
since you're near pgh., call the allegheny county department of health who has all this info at their finger tips and gives the shots for free...:)

OP
OP
Pittsburgh Proud

Pittsburgh Proud

Forum Lieutenant
Thanks, I was wondering if you had them 2 times inside of 6 or so years. But it sounds like it is just fine, never really knew long they were good for. Didn't think much about it. Thanks for the input We all get them for free here.