help with school please, beyond frustrated

anthonyccamargo

Forum Probie
I am a soldier deploying to afghanistan, and after i get back im getting out of the army. i plan on getting my assosicates in emergency medicine at mt sac, ca. now i want to start knocking out some classes while im in afghanistan. i have no idea how to get started. I know most people on here have lots of experience in the EMS field, and i need some help ASAP. i leave sunday and i need to figure this out before hand. i know this is last minute but cut me a little slack. btw im a liscensed EMT-B. please please help thanks everyone have a great day

llopez018

Forum Ride Along
hi

hello, if your already an Emt-B you have one foot in the door. go talk to their EMs department so they can accept you in to their program. you take the first class intro to EMS and then you have to take 2-6 all together if you want and lastly 7-12 I believe, which is externship. also if you haven't taken any General ed classes then that will stall you somewhat. if have then you are basically in the door.

I attend Mt. sac.

Last edited by a moderator:

RescueRider724

Forum Crew Member
I know when I was in the Army we had ACTC think it was called, they have career councilors there that can help you get lined up with what you are wanting to do in the real world. ACTC was Army/Civilian Transition Center if memory serves me right from almost 20 years ago...lol<_<

mycrofft

Still crazy but elsewhere
Contact the school you are aiming for and talk to them. They pay counselors to be there to direct students etc.

OP
OP
A

anthonyccamargo

Forum Probie
thanks for the help. i ended up just enrolling to knock out some gen ed. i contacted the counselers at mt sac and got told by some douche that I couldnt talk to the counselers, had to be in person. i wasnt happy to say the least lol. lopez are you in the program right now?