HELP!!!!! trying to relocate to the states

IrishMedic

Forum Crew Member
Hi, can anyone help, i trained in the USA as an EMT-B and i'm starting my Paramedic course soon in the USA as well. but i wish to work and live in the USA . I'm from Ireland, and just cant get the experience i need or want, not too mention how expensive it is to live over here. i've tried to find an EMS service, that will sponsor someone for their work visa or greencard, but to date i've found nothing. if anyone knows of a local EMS service that sponsor or any hospitals that run an ambulance service that will sponsor, please let me know.....i really want to make the jump permanently to the USA but finding it difficult to get in....

stuck Irish guy, just wanting to make a difference in the world.......

thanks guys..

emt43098

Forum Ride Along
hi i have a friend who just came here from ireland and did the same thing you are looking to do i will send him an email and see if he has any ideaqs where in the usa are you at or looking to go beacause we are in michigan

OP
OP
IrishMedic

IrishMedic

Forum Crew Member
hey yeah that be great thanks, eh anywhere in the states, michigan be cool actually if another oppurtunity came up....my names Damien...it's so hard trying to get into work over there and live n work, i mean paramedics has only started over here, believe it or not, but i wanna go to the states, may as well work along the best right???!!

firecoins

IFT Puppet
hey yeah that be great thanks, eh anywhere in the states, michigan be cool actually if another oppurtunity came up....my names Damien...it's so hard trying to get into work over there and live n work, i mean paramedics has only started over here, believe it or not, but i wanna go to the states, may as well work along the best right???!!

NY/NJ area might be agood area to work as a medic. I don't know that anyone sponsor foreign people though.

I would love to go and work in Ireland. Just starting with medics!?! Wow

rgnoon

Forum Lieutenant
Along the lines with what Firecoins said, I'll see if I can get any info for you from the guys here in Bergen County. I'll check with the folks I know at Englewood Hosp. in Englewood and at Valley Hosp. in Ridgewood. Not exactly the cheapest place to live, but they may be worth a try.

I also expect to be down at University Hospital in Newark, NJ in the next week or two. An ENTIRELY different environment than the first two, but I'll test the waters there as well. I'll be sure to let you know if I come up with anything.

OP
OP
IrishMedic

IrishMedic

Forum Crew Member
guys thanks too everyone that is looking for info for me, really appreciative, for anyone who is thinking of coming to ireland, let me know and ill find exactly what the situation for you guys or any info in relation to irelands ems, ill pass on..