HELP...Run Report Narratives

Jim37F

Forum Deputy Chief
When I worked private companies, no we did not have special addendum/continuation forms. It was routine for all providers to use a single paragraph narrative (I was always taught chronological). Tell a story about what happened. Try not to repeat details already covered by other parts of the PCR, but it's better to be slightly redundant to provide a narrative that flows smoothly and covers what you saw and did.

I do believe the County EMS run report our paramedics use for 911 calls does have a page two that is used primarily for advanced airway attempts, resuscitation, and has space for a continued narrative. However it is my understanding that it is not routinely used for 5+ paragraph summaries of every medical or TC call and instead for unusual circumstances such as suspected abuse calls. I do know that on BLS level calls when our paramedics finish writing the narrative and give us the form they've never once used Page 2. It could be different for ALS calls where they hold onto the PCR throughout the call and then upload it to the server after transfer of care...but at my previous private company job where we needed to collect a copy of the fire medics run report to submit with our paperwork I never saw Page 2 used for a routine call.