Help me find food!

fm_emt

Useless without caffeine
In about an hour I get to go to the airport for a flight to Austin, TX. Not a personal trip. I'm stuck in a week long training class for my day job. I tried to get out of it to no avail. Ugh!

So, for any of you that have been to Austin, TX - tell me where to find good food. Specifically good BBQ. I've already decided to go to Stubbs but I want more places.

Feed me! (suggestions for other stuff is good too)

firecoins

IFT Puppet
Never been there.

FF/EMT Sam

Forum Lieutenant
I hope this isn't too late, but there's a huge list of Austin restaurants online here.

I skimmed the list and found a couple BBQ joints:
Texas Rib Kings (BBQ)
Texas Rib Kings in North Central Austin at 183 & Burnet Road offers casual dining with mouth-watering barbeque. Unfortunately, the side aren't up to the same high standards. Nevertheless, it's a fun, kid-friendly place to eat. Guide Review.

Mann's Smokehouse Bar-B-Que
For family-friendly casual dining Mann's Smokehouse Bar-B-Que at 183 & Ohlen Road in North Central Austin offers carryout, dine-in, catering, and good food. Guide Review.

Jon

Administrator
Community Leader
Yeah... I was watching that today... and the HazMat leak outside Dallas... and the bomb at Miami Seaport.... I LOVE having CNN always on in the office... it makes me aware of all the scary things that happen in our world :rolleyes:

Airwaygoddess

Forum Deputy Chief
Remember to play nice with the airport people!!:p :p

OP
OP
fm_emt

fm_emt

Useless without caffeine
Remember to play nice with the airport people!!:p :p

The airport here is BEAUTIFUL.

Our airports in California SUCK ROCKS. Even the airport in Detroit, MI is nicer looking than SJC or SFO or even LAX. It's disgraceful!

There is SO MUCH FOOD here. I'm really impressed. I'm liking Texas quite a bit so far. Gas is cheap, apartments are cheap, there's a lot of IT jobs here in Austin. Heck, I could move here! ;-)

OP
OP
fm_emt

fm_emt

Useless without caffeine

Airwaygoddess

Forum Deputy Chief
The airport here is BEAUTIFUL.

Our airports in California SUCK ROCKS. Even the airport in Detroit, MI is nicer looking than SJC or SFO or even LAX. It's disgraceful!

There is SO MUCH FOOD here. I'm really impressed. I'm liking Texas quite a bit so far. Gas is cheap, apartments are cheap, there's a lot of IT jobs here in Austin. Heck, I could move here! ;-)
I think I hear the theme song from"King of the Hill"!:p :p :p