Help me decide.. Boots.

Forum Probie
I've narrowed it down to Danner Striker side zip, or the Haix Rescues.

Danner - I know the Danner name is good, but theyre not NFPA approved.
Haix - Newer company from what i know, cant find any reviews, but theyre NFPA approved.

So basically my question is, reviews on both of these boots, and how important is NFPA approval. thanks.

joo

Forum Probie
Haix boots hands down. You will not regret your purchase. I love my boots, I have the rescue ems boots. Best choice I've ever made in boots.

BossyCow

Forum Deputy Chief
Do they have womens' sizes and narrower widths?

OP
OP

Forum Probie
Haix boots hands down. You will not regret your purchase. I love my boots, I have the rescue ems boots. Best choice I've ever made in boots.

im ordering mine tonight, 170 from thefirestore.com thanks!

Flight-LP

Forum Deputy Chief
There is no reason to have boots that are NFPA approved when operating on an ambulance..............

Between the two, I'd choose Danner....................

BBFDMedic28

Forum Crew Member
What are they NFPA approved for? Fire resistance, bloodborne pathogens, etc.?

BossyCow

Forum Deputy Chief
If your ambulance responds out of a fire station, do you want to change boots for a call?

eggshen

Forum Lieutenant
After checking out the Haix site I'll add my worthless 2 cents. If I needed to step on hot things maybe the Haix boots. If I did not want to get beat up for wearing silly boots? Well...I'd go back to the Danners.

Egg

Medic8388

Forum Ride Along
...at least you get a CHOICE! At my service all uniform components are provided (and I appreciate that), including the boots. Quite a few of us do not like the boots they have selected for us, but don't you dare wear something different... GAh!

thowle

Forum Crew Member
If I were you, I'd get the side-zip boots. I have a pair that is, and a pair that isn't ... the ones with the zipper on the side are easier to don, atleast in the sense that you don't have to "waste" time tying the laces .. you can just slip, slide, zip, and run.. or walk, or whatever you want to do. :)