Hello. [:

EMSpassion94

Forum Crew Member
Hola! My name is Angel Bowen. I'm from Catlett, VA. I am currently working on my certification for EMT-B. I volunteer with Catlett Volunteer Fire and Rescue Company 7, less than 5 minutes from my house ( how convenient!) and absolutely LOVE it! I've just started going on calls for my clinicals for EMT class, so I haven't been on many. I just went on a pretty interesting one the other day, though. Dispatched for a Cardiac Emergency. I was thinking "oh crap" when we pulled in the drive and the 13 y/o daughter was standing in the front yard crying and screaming her head off. Turns out, when we got in the house the PT was almost butt naked on the bathroom floor, flopping around, saying her chest hurt but pointing to her abdomen. Pupils were dialated, and apparently "something was coming out of her and she was going to die?" haha, I thought the lady was going to rip my shirt off she was hanging all over me. She was definitely doped up on something. hahaha. Just had to share. New to EMTlife, obviously. If anyone is intrested in swapping scenarios for studying, let me know? I definitely need some more practice on medical cases. :]