Hello All.....

medic03

Forum Lieutenant
Hi everyone, long time no talk. It's been a while since I visited this site and I wanted to pop in and say hi to everyone. Looking around I saw some things that kind of bothered me, personal attacks, threats of lawsuits and people arguing over treatment of pts. This site is a great place for people to meet, exchange ideas and to learn. To argue over pt care is stupid, to discuss diffrent options is better. People might learn something new. Hell, maybe someone might do something diffrent and I might not have even thought of doing it that way. This is a great place for everyone to advance in EMS, from the rookie to the old burnt out provider. Well I hope everyone can learn to get along.
As for me, I have been busy with work. There was a problem with some of the heli's at work, so everyday we have been switching ships, flying in the one with the least problems. I have gone back to school to get my RN degree and hopefully one day bring my flight paramedic work and my future RN degree together for a kick *** job. I moved into a little apartment with my girlfriend (she's a trauma RN) back in september, things seem to be going well. Maybe in the future I might be taking that next step :) I stopped teaching the paramedic clas I was working with for the past 3 years due to a lack of time, but I'm still teaching the EMT classes. I find them to be more enjoyable and the students are sooo excited over the smalles things, like putting a pt on O2 or taking a BP. It's nice to see new EMS students have that drive to try and learn everything they can.
Well I hope everyone had a great holiday and happy new year!

Mercy4Angels

Forum Lieutenant
id have to go with rookies cause at least they want to learn, the old burnt out provider is stuck in his ways, LOL...

Airwaygoddess

Forum Deputy Chief
nice to meet you Medic03! I still thik one can teach a old dog new tricks! In this job we are always learning! :)