Hello All!

DT4EMS

Kip Teitsort, Founder
Just came by to say hello to my old friends!

JJR512

Forum Deputy Chief
Just came by to say hello to my old friends!

I recently participated in a seminar called EMS Safety, presented by the guy from NAEMT whose name I forget but he pretty much developed the program. As I'm sure you know, he had some articles in his presentation that were written by you about provider safety from unruly patients.

exodus

Forum Deputy Chief
I recently participated in a seminar called EMS Safety, presented by the guy from NAEMT whose name I forget but he pretty much developed the program. As I'm sure you know, he had some articles in his presentation that were written by you about provider safety from unruly patients.

DT4EMS is the one that developed that program :)

bigbaldguy

Former medic seven years 911 service in houston
howdy, no idea who you are but welcome back and thanks for stopping by :)

Luno

OG
Premium Member
WTF Kip, how have you been? How's things going on the training front?

JJR512

Forum Deputy Chief
DT4EMS is the one that developed that program :)

No, he's not.

DT4EMS develops programs for EMS providers to defend themselves against patients (or family members, bystanders, etc.) who are attacking the EMS providers.

The program I mentioned, EMS Safety, is a program that encompasses all aspects of EMS operations and ways to make them safer. Defense against being attacked by a patient is one part of that. Driving safely, scene safety evaluation, protection against bloodborne pathogens, lifting mechanics, and health are other parts of EMS Safety, and those topics were all addressed as well.

EMS Safety is an NAEMT course developed principally by Glenn Luedtke, who personally taught the session I attended. Some specific components of the course were developed by others, or were based on information or knowledge provided by others; for example, the personal defense topics included, as I mentioned originally, some material from DT4EMS.

http://www.naemt.org/education/EMSSafety/EMSSafety.aspx

OP
OP
DT4EMS

DT4EMS

Kip Teitsort, Founder
No, he's not.

DT4EMS develops programs for EMS providers to defend themselves against patients (or family members, bystanders, etc.) who are attacking the EMS providers.

The program I mentioned, EMS Safety, is a program that encompasses all aspects of EMS operations and ways to make them safer. Defense against being attacked by a patient is one part of that. Driving safely, scene safety evaluation, protection against bloodborne pathogens, lifting mechanics, and health are other parts of EMS Safety, and those topics were all addressed as well.

EMS Safety is an NAEMT course developed principally by Glenn Luedtke, who personally taught the session I attended. Some specific components of the course were developed by others, or were based on information or knowledge provided by others; for example, the personal defense topics included, as I mentioned originally, some material from DT4EMS.

http://www.naemt.org/education/EMSSafety/EMSSafety.aspx

True, I didn't create the EMS Safety program that is being taught by the NAEMT. I was the subject matter expert for about six sections of it :) I will be be teaching portions of the NAEMT's course near St. Louis later this month with another instructor.

If you look in the front of the book, you will see my name listed with the other SME's that contributed to the other subjects like driving, HazMat etc.

Luno my Bruddah!!!!! I have missed ya my man! Things are great! We have really, really grown! We now have 47 instructors teaching my program across the US!!

Now that I have freed up a little time, I hope to be around here a little more often.

JJR512

Forum Deputy Chief
If you look in the front of the book, you will see my name listed with the other SME's that contributed to the other subjects like driving, HazMat etc.
I saw your name on some of the articles in the book.

The course was informative, but since it covered so many topics in a relatively short amount of time, it was largely a bunch of overviews. I'd love to get more in-depth, including taking one of your full courses. Maybe next year...

OP
OP
DT4EMS

DT4EMS

Kip Teitsort, Founder
I saw your name on some of the articles in the book.

The course was informative, but since it covered so many topics in a relatively short amount of time, it was largely a bunch of overviews. I'd love to get more in-depth, including taking one of your full courses. Maybe next year...

Yup, we knew at the outset the course was going to be an "awareness" and that was the hope......... to get people thinking about their safety as a whole. I would love to see you in a full EVE class :)