Helicopter flight??

VirginiaEMT

Forum Lieutenant
I am scheduled to fly with a local Medivac service tomorrow. I just recently had a sinus infection. Do these helicopters usually fly high enough to cause issues with sinus pressure?

Epi52

Forum Probie
It might. Definitely take a decongestant, and talk to the crew when you get there and let them know. Might help to bring along some tylenol, just in case it causes you some discomfort.

Vetitas86

Forum Lieutenant
I've heard different things about decongestants with flights.

I've actually heard to avoid them. Ask in advance to make sure. Better safe than grounded.

BNB

Forum Probie
I flew for 5 years...that chopper is not going to go high enough to really effect you. Take a decongestant and chew some gum, and you will be fine. Make sure you alert the pilot especially of the sinus problem.

bstone

Forum Deputy Chief
I did ground transport for a flight crew where one of the RNs got serious motion sickness. It was an interesting choice of a career to be a flight nurse who rode in the back of an ambulance with a patient.

Anonymous

Forum Captain
Should be fine. I fly with infections and have never had an issue and you won't be flying anywhere close to as high. Maybe keep some Afrin handy but only use if you really need it. This thread will probably be locked now.