Have you ever really read them???

gradygirl

TROUBLE
Ever noticed stupid policies, procedures, or other written directives in your service?

Here are a few examples:

Until we are certified, we are neither allowed to touch a patient or wear the Star of Life or the TCERT logo. (Yay for no hands on experience or identification!)

No matter how many responders you have, if you don't have a Crew Chief, then you're offline for the shift.

We have field training, but no FTO.

In our SOPs we have a detailed uniform section; let me just ask...what uniform?

We're not supposed to discuss call information with the campus LEOs; so, tell me again why are they looking over my shoulder and copying my run form?

We're on-call 24/7...oh yeah, except from 8am to 6pm every week day....or when the Crew Chief decided they don't want to run that night...and there are only 3 Crew Chiefs.

KEVD18

Forum Deputy Chief
read mine cover to cover for my paid service and wrote the p&p book for the vollie squad.

Jon

Administrator
Community Leader
KEVD18 said:
read mine cover to cover for my paid service and wrote the p&p book for the vollie squad.

Yeah... the paid squad has a REAL thick policy book... things like "Thou Shalt not transport a patient on a strecher without 1 4-point chest harness and 2 additional straps" and "Thou shalt not drive L&S unless needed" etc...

GaEMT

Forum Crew Member
I hate to mention this, but some of those "obscure" policies are in their because someone did something stupid!