Guardian EMS Texas

Shishkabob

Forum Chief
I have applied there and I've been invited to the testing part of the process, but they keep doing it on the weekends that I have work and can't get a day off since I'm one of 2 or 3 medic units on at my time. :unsure:

Gah.

Fox800

Forum Captain
I have applied there and I've been invited to the testing part of the process, but they keep doing it on the weekends that I have work and can't get a day off since I'm one of 2 or 3 medic units on at my time. :unsure:

Gah.

It's well worth it if you can. Definitely one of the top tier EMS systems in the state, and certainly one of the most progressive (I have yet to see a ground 911 system in TX with more progressive protocols).

Flight-LP

Forum Deputy Chief
It's well worth it if you can. Definitely one of the top tier EMS systems in the state, and certainly one of the most progressive (I have yet to see a ground 911 system in TX with more progressive protocols).

Lol, look for a bunch of folks in red about 5 miles south of their border. They have a few advantages over MCHD.

But..............

I absolutely agree with your advice for Linuss. That would be a great agency for him to grow at. Now me on the other hand, I'd pull my hair out working for Allen. Too short of a leash on the clinicians for my taste.

Fox800

Forum Captain
Lol, look for a bunch of folks in red about 5 miles south of their border. They have a few advantages over MCHD.

But..............

I absolutely agree with your advice for Linuss. That would be a great agency for him to grow at. Now me on the other hand, I'd pull my hair out working for Allen. Too short of a leash on the clinicians for my taste.

I know that Cy Creek EMS is a good gig, they have their crap together so to speak. I don't know a whole lot about them except they have funny red shirts, a small service area that's pretty busy, and they like to put 3-4 people on a truck at one time (paramedic, EMT, student, and a volunteer driver!). Makes for a comical sight when everyone jumps out of the truck ala Benny Hill.

Shishkabob

Forum Chief
Same list I put in every DFW thread:

AMR (911 in Arlington and Collin county, IFT in Dallas)
TLC (Texas Lifeline Corp) (IFT)
LoneStar (IFT)
CareFlite (HEMS, 911 in Johnson county, IFT in the rest of DFW)
MedStar (911 in Ft Worth area)
MedicOne (IFT)
Rockwall County (911)
Wise County (911)

However, I'm barring you from applying to any of the 911 agencies until I get my 911 gig. :)