Groundhog Day

Jon

Administrator
Community Leader
Groundhog Sees Shadow, More Winter Expected
POSTED: 7:37 am EST February 2, 2006

Punxsutawney Phil has seen his shadow and six more weeks of winter are expected.
Thousands of people gathered at the home of the world's most famous weather prognosticating groundhog for what is turning out to be a bit of a Pittsburgh Steelers pep rally.

The rodent was awaken at around 7:10 a.m. and surprised his handler by urinating as he was lofted up high for the groundhog.

http://www.nbc10.com/news/6674647/detail.html

TTLWHKR

Forum Deputy Chief
:excl: Six more weeks of winter.

OR

:excl: Six more weeks till spring.

Either way... There are still six more weeks UNTIL spring. Therefore, there are six more weeks of winter no matter what that little rodent saw. That furry little ba*tard. Groundhog Stew anyone? Yummy.

1 woodchuck
2 onions, sliced
1/2 cup celery, sliced
Flour
Vinegar and water
Salt and pepper
Cloves
Clean woodchuck; remove glands; cut into serving pieces. Soak overnight in a solution of equal parts of water and vinegar with addition of one sliced onion and a little salt. Drain, wash, and wipe. Parboil 20 minutes, drain, and cover with fresh boiling water. Add one sliced onion, celery, a few cloves, and salt and pepper to taste. Cook until tender; thicken gravy with flour.

ma2va92

Forum Lieutenant
The rodent was awaken at around 7:10 a.m. and surprised his handler by urinating as he was lofted up high for the groundhog.

are we to take this as the next six weeks will be winter..

WITH LOTS OF RAIN

OP
OP
Jon

Jon

Administrator
Community Leader
GVRS672 said:

are we to take this as the next six weeks will be winter..

WITH LOTS OF RAIN
That was why I posted the quote I did.... and yes... I LOVE that take on it...

TTLWHKR

Forum Deputy Chief
I don't like that groundhog on the Lottery advertisments. It makes the punx thing more commercialized than traditional.

OP
OP
Jon

Jon

Administrator
Community Leader

Phridae

Forum Asst. Chief
I forgot to look if the groundhog day movie was on. I love that movie. I'm sure it was on some station...

Stevo

Forum Asst. Chief
little ba**ard probably looked around and said "where's Stevo workin'?, let's piss on him for another 6 weeks!"

stick his furry a** in the pot Wacker, maybe a touch of garlic with that recipee and we can kick back and watch all those middle aged wheather hotties in vouge now with the sound off

methinks that's the plan (probably from the supervisor of T&A @ CBS, NBC.etc) anyways, get them all in tight sweaters to wave around at those big green and red blobs traversing the country....

~S~

TTLWHKR

Forum Deputy Chief
Phridae said:
I forgot to look if the groundhog day movie was on. I love that movie. I'm sure it was on some station...

I have over 800 channels... and I couldn't find it on any of them. WTF!?!?!

That movie with the damn BB gun is on for 24 hours at Christmas.. You'd think those cheap ba*tards could spring for 3 hours of Groundhog Day.

Stevo

Forum Asst. Chief
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Last edited by a moderator:

Phridae

Forum Asst. Chief
TTLWHKR said:
I have over 800 channels... and I couldn't find it on any of them. WTF!?!?!

That movie with the damn BB gun is on for 24 hours at Christmas.. You'd think those cheap ba*tards could spring for 3 hours of Groundhog Day.

Yeah, I was rather disappointed.