Grinding Crash Hurts 7

Jon

Administrator
Community Leader
Grinding Crash Hurts 7

WILMINGTON, DE-January 18, 2005 — Paramedics responding to an emergency call were in a multi-vehicle crash early Tuesday that hurt 7 people, including the three paramedics and two children, in Wilmington, Delaware.

Full Story HERE:
http://abclocal.go.com/wpvi/traffic/011820...raf_wilmax.html

Sounds bad.

My thoughts are with them and their families

Jon

coloradoemt

Forum Asst. Chief
Yes it is a shame.

Wingnut

EMS Junkie
Thanks for the link...

We just had an ambulance roll over about 2 months ago. Everyone turned out ok thank God, The EMT driving was strapped in, the pt was pregnant and was thrown while strapped to the stretcher face down in the mud, and the medic in back was thrown as well. The roll over decimated the back of the ambulance.

The worst part is this is the 3rd ambulance rollover we've had on the same spot of one of our heavily traveled roads, you'd think our city might fix it???

The medic that was thrown is in pretty good shape, he put me through senarios to help me practice for my final practical exam. He's still in some pain, but went back on the road 2 weeks ago.

rescuecpt

Community Leader Emeritus
My boyfriend's sister was in an ambulance that rolled over after being t-boned by a guy who ran a stop sign. She and the driver were hanging by the seatbelts. The crews kept them separate and wouldn't let them see each other - the driver thought she had killed Cyndi and that was why. Luckily they didn't have a patient.

Oh, and the jerk who ran the stop sign sued the corps and was awarded $1mil because the ambulance didn't take "due care"...

Wingnut

EMS Junkie
He got a mill after running a stop sign?!! That's insane...

coloradoemt

Forum Asst. Chief
That is insane!!! Kinda makes ya wanna... well... run a stop sign!! :eek: ;)

rescuecpt

Community Leader Emeritus
Yup. Because even though he ran the stop sign they should have been more cautious. It's crazy. Luckily that was almost 10 years ago, before the real craziness of lawsuits began... if it were today he probably would have gotten $20mil!

Phridae

Forum Asst. Chief
My chief just passed out a story of an ambulance roll over that happened in Wisconsin. We have some guys who want to drive 80mps down the city streets. (where the limit is 25) I told one of them that we're not going to do any help if we get there dead.

Heres a website that notes abmublace roll overs. I believe coloradoemt posted a similar page on the same site. Oh well. :p
http://www.emsnetwork.org/ambulance_crashes_2000.htm

coloradoemt

Forum Asst. Chief
Had two more ambulance crashes within an hour of my town in the last week. Both injuring 6 people and one was a rollover. There was even a light rail train involved.