green dollar... good bye?

Hedar

Forum Crew Member
I hear about this new-old idea to convert 1 dollars in coin...

Is it true?

:unsure:

In Europe we have 2 euros in money, (approx. 2,6 dollars) but is not easy learn to spend quietly the "simple money" because in a hand you can contain 60 euro... the price of 10 pizzas . . . :glare:

Chimpie

Site Administrator
Community Leader
I hear about this new-old idea to convert 1 dollars in coin...

Is it true?
They are trying, again. I doubt it will work. I, personally, prefer dollar bills.

Airwaygoddess

Forum Deputy Chief
The U.S has tried a few times in my lifetime. First, U.S. mint came out with the Susan B. Anthony coin, it was just a little bigger than a quarter and the same metal color and base. Folks mistook it for a quarter- bummer! Then there was the Sacajawea dollar, it was a gold color, but did not do well either. I like paper money, oh hell I like money in pretty much any form! I love to collect old silver coins, they sound so cool when you shake them in your hand!^_^

OP
OP
Hedar

Hedar

Forum Crew Member
I like paper money, oh hell I like money in pretty much any form!

I like any form with up to 2 "zero" painted :p

I collect money too!

I've got some old money from many disappared states: East and West Germany, Jugoslavia, CCCP and old european state, Austro-hungaric empire, Italian Kingdom, Romanic empire...

So I don't have to retire the green dollar as "old money" ? :)

Last edited by a moderator:

Airwaygoddess

Forum Deputy Chief
No not yet!! I just knew how to safely clean some old buffalo nickels that I have. They are so cool, U.S. has been changing the design of picture of the nickels and they "re issued" the buffalo nickels. Like I said I love money;)

Megs_h13

Forum Probie
I was very young when Canada changed the one dollar bill to the loonie. Trust me having it as a coin makes it alot easier to spend the stupid thing, not to mention more change in your pocket, they also took the two dollar bill and turned it into the twoonie. Now that's annoying, I think wallets will soon be a thing of the past here and everyone will have a change bag :wacko:

But I too collect (but only Canadian money) I have a one dollar and two dollar bill in mint condition, and all the denominations that they have recently changed the look of :blush:

Mercy4Angels

Forum Lieutenant
ah.....when you find a 1943 copper penny you can retire....i have a few silver ones but only the elusid 12 i nkow of were minted. you see all the copper went to the war. and a LITTLE was left on the press for the 1943 pennies. they are work millions.......(now check your change jars)

BossyCow

Forum Deputy Chief
I just knew how to safely clean some old buffalo nickels that I have.

If you want the coins to retain any collectible value at all, do not clean them. Any cleaning that is done leaves telltale marks letting collectors know the coin is not in its original shape. The value goes right into the toilet if its been altered in any way and cleaning counts as an alteration. I used to work in a coin shop (eons ago) and can't count the number of times a widow came in with her late husband's coin collection that used to be worth a lot of money, before she 'cleaned them off'

Airwaygoddess

Forum Deputy Chief
So BossyCow, do you have any of those 1943 pennies?^_^