Grants

bryncvp

Forum Lieutenant
Just have a quick question about funding and applying for grants. I work with a vollie service and, of course, we are strapped for cash. The town gives us money, but that's for operating costs...not equipment. We are 100% volunteer (no paid call) and was wondering what resources you all had regarding grants. Where to apply? What programs are out there? Etc. Keep in mind, we hane minimal support from the town.

Cohn

Forum Lieutenant
Just have a quick question about funding and applying for grants. I work with a vollie service and, of course, we are strapped for cash. The town gives us money, but that's for operating costs...not equipment. We are 100% volunteer (no paid call) and was wondering what resources you all had regarding grants. Where to apply? What programs are out there? Etc. Keep in mind, we hane minimal support from the town.

We were the same way until we became district now we get paid on call but that started a couple of months and don't get paid till November... I am up too $460 as of right now.

There are a lot of grants out there and maybe some local have you guys tried to get some from local major cities or towns?

Fundraisers?

emt_irl

Forum Captain
im planning alot of fundraising for my own unit this month.

look into bucket collecting, car washes at the weeknd. try get into a local shopping mall and set up a display/ stall with some equipment to get your name out there. apply to some bigger banks and financial insitiutions for some grants and such..

socalmedic

Mediocre at best
walmart has a community grant program. your local store manager may know more about it. the Kroager chain (ralphs in So Cal) has a program where you can get 1% of the revenue that you bring into the store, basically you register your unit with everyones "club card" and you get a check quarterly. my squad does this and we get about 1200 annually for doing absolutely nothing. many of the big stores have similar programs you have to look though.

medicdan

Forum Deputy Chief
Premium Member
Grantwriting is serious business, and unfortunately, all too often requires you to spend money for the potential to receive money, and can be a gamble of sorts. Consider hiring someone or delegating a member of your corps to search for grants systematically (not just a Google search), then prepare a portfolio and proper grant application for submission. What tax status does your department hold (501 (c) 3)?

OP
OP
bryncvp

bryncvp

Forum Lieutenant
Thanks everyone for the resources. I am going to talk to my house and look into these. I appreciate the help.