Goodbye Schaefer?

Mufasa556

Forum Captain
EOA 3 is pretty large, extending from La Canada to Claremont. I wonder if it has to do with the county requiring stair chairs and power gurneys for all ambulances. Schaefer isn't shelling out that money.

Monrovia is becoming its own EOA (2). Maybe they'll try to keep just that.

ragen1

Forum Ride Along
Heard today that Schaefer did not bid on the Pomona contract...

Any thoughts?

*if to confidential, Admins please feel free to lock the post.

How would anyone know if Schaefer bid on Pomona if the deadline for turning in the Proposal isn't until May 12th. In fact I even heard it was extended until June...Keep the rumors flying....

OP
OP
wtferick

wtferick

Forum Captain
How would anyone know if Schaefer bid on Pomona if the deadline for turning in the Proposal isn't until May 12th. In fact I even heard it was extended until June...Keep the rumors flying....
I "heard".

Forum Ride Along
Enough rumors. It is all speculation until the bids are awarded later this year. Here is some info I gathered

-There will be 9 EOA's including Monrovia, Compton, and Redondo Beach Fire recieving their own EOA's in addition to Current EOA's. . -Bids due May 12th.
-Current EOA contracts extended until December 31, 2016.

These are some main points I gathered, Feel free to read in detail for yourself

-source : Google search: "LA County ambulance rfp" it will be the top result.
Sorry I can't post the link since im new.

Mufasa556

Forum Captain
I thought the bids were due 5/4?

We had a thread that was just 911 bid rumors/ speculation. There's no harm in it and it's no different than when you run into other crews and start jaw jacking with them.

The general consensus for a while now has been that Schaefer will lose their EOA. I find it hard to believe that they can compete with Care/Falck and AMR. Especially after watching Care smash all of OC.

RFP bid packet
http://file.lacounty.gov/dhs/cms1_239512.pdf

OP
OP
wtferick

wtferick

Forum Captain
I thought the bids were due 5/4?

We had a thread that was just 911 bid rumors/ speculation. There's no harm in it and it's no different than when you run into other crews and start jaw jacking with them.

The general consensus for a while now has been that Schaefer will lose their EOA. I find it hard to believe that they can compete with Care/Falck and AMR. Especially after watching Care smash all of OC.

RFP bid packet
http://file.lacounty.gov/dhs/cms1_239512.pdf
Thank you.