Xazm

Forum Ride Along
Hi! I recently moved to USA from Ukraine. Back there I worked as Emergency Physician in specialized EMS service, on ambulance. I am good at that, got lots of training, all the modern stuff...
Please help me to find a way to get to exams, for at least an EMT, without taking courses. I simply don`t have time and money - only lots`a skills...
Maybe someone know any organization or school that can get my credentials reviewed and transferred or something like that? I will appreciate any ideas!

P.S. eventually i will go for USMLE, but I need to recall allot from med-school, regarding non-emergency medicine, and that needs time...​

hometownmedic5

Forum Asst. Chief
You need to call your states EMS board and talk to them. There a fifty states, and likely fifty set of rules and procedures.

I wouldn’t recommend you start by talking to a training institution, as they are in the business of selling classes and will likely tell you you’re going to need this or that class. Call the state board and find out what the procedure is to challenge based on not only higher, but also international qualifications.