Former Smokers. What was your method?

OP
OP
U

unleashedfury

Forum Asst. Chief
Now, how to quit sugar if you can't stand non-nutritive sweeteners? Costs less than tobacco, it's everywhere, and people get you more as a sign that they like you.

I've been doing good about that.. I usually bring small snacks to make it through the day. I just went grocery shopping today, picked up healthy snacks. (apple chips, fruit, yogurts, etc.) I also drink my cup of coffee with no sugar never did...

I also cut back on soda and teas.. I started taking bottled water with me. If I can cut back to one Soda a day I'm good..

alphamikefoxtrot

Forum Probie
Premium Member
It's the blood-sugar spike you're finding yourself craving. A diet that is more rounded in complex carbs will prevent that blood glucose from dropping off precipitously. I train in the evenings and have to manage caloric intake throughout the day to make sure my energy level is constant and that I have enough 'gas' left in the tank to ride 40-60 miles on the bike when I get home from work. Foods / combinations that work well for me throughout the day are (but are noft limited to);

Oatmeal (Whole / Steelcut Oats)
Quinoa
Hearty (Gluten Free) Bread spread w/
-hummus
-peanut butter
-thickly cut cheeses
Cottage Cheese w/ Fruit
Apples w/ Peanut Butter or Hummus
Greek Yogurt w/ fruit (also good instead of ice cream as a desert)
Rice w Black / Pinto beans, dash of Cilatntro & Hot Sauce

Stimulants aren't a bad thing, coffee (as most know) stimulates the lower-S colon which well all know is a healthy 'routine' to have, and manageable calories energy drinks (AVOID ASPARTAME) as long as they're in moderation and not ingested too close to when you're headed for a rest period.

OP
OP
U

unleashedfury

Forum Asst. Chief
It's the blood-sugar spike you're finding yourself craving. A diet that is more rounded in complex carbs will prevent that blood glucose from dropping off precipitously. I train in the evenings and have to manage caloric intake throughout the day to make sure my energy level is constant and that I have enough 'gas' left in the tank to ride 40-60 miles on the bike when I get home from work. Foods / combinations that work well for me throughout the day are (but are noft limited to);

Oatmeal (Whole / Steelcut Oats)
Quinoa
Hearty (Gluten Free) Bread spread w/
-hummus
-peanut butter
-thickly cut cheeses
Cottage Cheese w/ Fruit
Apples w/ Peanut Butter or Hummus
Greek Yogurt w/ fruit (also good instead of ice cream as a desert)
Rice w Black / Pinto beans, dash of Cilatntro & Hot Sauce

Stimulants aren't a bad thing, coffee (as most know) stimulates the lower-S colon which well all know is a healthy 'routine' to have, and manageable calories energy drinks (AVOID ASPARTAME) as long as they're in moderation and not ingested too close to when you're headed for a rest period.

Thanks for the tips... I'll get looked at like I have a 3rd eye when I say this.. But I can't stand hummus. the other foods Game on.

And honestly if I consumed energy drinks before rest periods there would be no resting it would be like I just used bath salts laced with crack cocaine.

SSwain

Forum Captain
I met , who is now, my wife. I asked her out on what would be our first date.
I smoked, she didn't....so I quit.
We've been married for 17 years now.

Mainspring

Forum Crew Member
e-cig.

tried everything to quit over the years... nothing worked until ecig.

I guess it's not really "quitting" since I've replaced analogs(regular cigs) with digital(ecig), but I'm whole lot healthier.

pain thing about ecig is finding the right combo of mod, tank, and most importantly the liquid(right taste) that works for you.

but once you figure it out, bliss.

no more coughing up a lung in the morning, smelling like cigs(bad for PTs), and you'll get your taste buds back!

9D4

Forum Asst. Chief
Thanks for the tips... I'll get looked at like I have a 3rd eye when I say this.. But I can't stand hummus. the other foods Game on.

And honestly if I consumed energy drinks before rest periods there would be no resting it would be like I just used bath salts laced with crack cocaine.
Wait... I'm the only one that starts my morning off with that combo? Coffee just wasn't cutting it, anymore, so....

SSwain

Forum Captain
You just ain't had enough coffee until you can thread the needle on a sewing machine......while it is running.