"For Newtown Volunteer Ambulance Corps"

NJEMT95

Forum Lieutenant
Since I first started hearing about the tragedy in Newtown on Friday, one thought I keep having is about how I would respond and how my volunteer agency would respond in a similar situation. Of course I hope that I, and everyone on this board, would be able to focus on the patients and deliver the highest quality of care possible, it's still difficult to wrap my head around what actually happened. MCIs suck. Peds calls suck. But an MCI where 90% of the patients are kids - dead kids - is an extremely unfortunate reality. We are trained to help people - from what I've heard from interviews with the responders to this incident, they were all waiting for patients - patients who never came. I believe only 3 were actually transported.
Before I ramble on more than I already have, I would encourage you all to read Kelly Grayson's blog from this morning. It's far more eloquent than anything I can verbalize, let alone write down, about the EMS response to Sandy Hook.
http://ambulancedriverfiles.com/2012/12/17/for-newtown-volunteer-ambulance-corps/

If there's anyone on here who responded to the school, know that you and your entire community are in the thoughts of people throughout the nation.

medictinysc

Forum Crew Member
My thoughts and prayers go out with these dedicated men and women.