Florida EMS

Sasha

Forum Chief
Oh it was. Many people pronounce it "van-lew-sha" but its actually an O.

Fish

Forum Deputy Chief
They are currently undering going a trial period with one of the FDs

Sasha

Forum Chief
They are currently undering going a trial period with one of the FDs

They used to be a private service "EVAC" but are currently with the county as of October. They have even reprinted the name on their trucks I don't think its a trial.

Fish

Forum Deputy Chief
They used to be a private service "EVAC" but are currently with the county as of October. They have even reprinted the name on their trucks I don't think its a trial.

No, I know about all that. I am talking one of the cities Fire dept within the County has begun doing transports, it is still a trial period. I will see if I can find the story again. This Fire dept whose name I cannot remember encourages all Fire depts to follow there lead, so the story said.

Even though the County service does a great job

Martyn

Forum Asst. Chief
Florida fire departments declare war on non fire based services, creating websites and campaigns for it. Lee County, Polk County, are some of the last remaining.

Polk county went fire /ems last may. Screwed me right up for getting a job???

Traumjunk

Forum Probie
And this is why I'm leaving the state of Florida. I could care less about putting the wet stuff on the red stuff. Any monkey can do that...LOL:rofl:

BLSBoy

makes good girls go bad
Polk is Fire based. Some are Firefighters, others are single resource. Volusia is fire based, not sure of FF/EMS or EMS under fire. Lake/Sumter dissolved, Rut/Roh has Sumter, Lake is EMS only, but appears poorly managed. Pinellas is run (poorly) by Death Star, err, SunStar. Hillsborough is Fire/EMS and Fire based EMS, Tampa is Fire/EMS. Brevard is all done by BCFR, need to be a FireMedic to get hired. Orange has PMO spots, but they are very hard to get (mostly women/minorities), and you HAVE to go to standards within 3 years or so to keep your job. Osceola is Fire based EMS, as well as Kissimmee and St. Cloud.

I wish there were less Fire/EMS and more EMS.......

Fish

Forum Deputy Chief
Polk is Fire based. Some are Firefighters, others are single resource. Volusia is fire based, not sure of FF/EMS or EMS under fire. Lake/Sumter dissolved, Rut/Roh has Sumter, Lake is EMS only, but appears poorly managed. Pinellas is run (poorly) by Death Star, err, SunStar. Hillsborough is Fire/EMS and Fire based EMS, Tampa is Fire/EMS. Brevard is all done by BCFR, need to be a FireMedic to get hired. Orange has PMO spots, but they are very hard to get (mostly women/minorities), and you HAVE to go to standards within 3 years or so to keep your job. Osceola is Fire based EMS, as well as Kissimmee and St. Cloud.

I wish there were less Fire/EMS and more EMS.......

I think most people around the nation wish the same thing

Pneumothorax

Forum Lieutenant
Did you read the thread at all?

Yes. You should be good to go.

My question is shouldn't you be able to pass the national certifying exam at any point in your career without an issue? Why would it be such a big deal to take it again?

I did but there's like 22500000 different conflicting responses here & there. No need to be rude. & ya it wouldn't be a big deal to retake except I'm outside fl right now & honestly don't want to spend the $70 if I don't have to lol

Hunter

Forum Asst. Chief
as much as I like that theres participation, this is coming from someone who works IN Florida and as uch as whatever websites you've quoted say, in Florida if you have your NREMT-Basic You can get your Florida EMT B license with out taking any other tests, Florida however does not reciprocate any Medics tests, however with your National EMT-Paramedic you can challenge the Florida EMT-P test.

beef84

Forum Ride Along
i had to take the nremt basic assessment for florida when i moved from GA. you have to take the nremt basic assessment you will not get nremt certified.
ems is mostly county and fire based in the big bend area. leon,gadsden, wakulla, madison counties