Flight Medic Physical

mikepud

Forum Probie
Does anyone know if flight meds have to pass a physical? I have seen that you have to be under 200lbs and under 6'2" but haven't seen much more passed that.

Thanks once again for all of your replies!

MSDeltaFlt

RRT/NRP
Does anyone know if flight meds have to pass a physical? I have seen that you have to be under 200lbs and under 6'2" but haven't seen much more passed that.

Thanks once again for all of your replies!

It depends on the service. It depends on the airframe. Both statements are not necessarily related to each other.

That "under 200lbs" bit sometimes means, and always should, "less than 200lbs fully dressed". That means flight suit, boots, helmet, NVG's, and all the crap you'll end up putting in to your flightsuit. The more flightcrew you have, the less patient You can fly.

As far as height goes, those over 6'2" generally are unable to sit upright in the aircraft with helmet and goggles on. Let All e look around and be useful.

As far as physical goes, some services want you to have a minimal vision. Also you must be able to lift at least a certain weight.

However, as previously mentioned, it depends on the service. Most will have their requirements on their website/application.

BandageBrigade

Forum Lieutenant
When I was testing several also had me do what seemed to be extensive hearing exams

Last edited by a moderator: