fishy smelling sputum

TheDoll

Forum Captain
okay, i probably have you all gagging right about now, but this is an honest question. a friend of a friend called me about a friend this evening. i know, it sounds ridiculous, and i didn't even want to go over to this guys house to investigate, but whatever. anyway, the guy in question seemed to be having some type of allergic reaction. he chews tobacco and drinks along with doing some other recreational activities, i'm sure. anywhoo, there was a cup next to him that i took a whiff of and it smelled like fish. i asked him what he had eaten and drunk throughout the day, and nothing contained fish! also, i later found out that it was his spit cup from dipping that i smelled (ew). i'm not fond of these losers, and the only reason they called me is bc they thought i could do something for them. i told them to get to the hospital, etc, and left. my question is...why the hell did his cup smell like fish? it was a perfectly clean cup before he started spitting in it. i am so freaked out and grossed out by these guys, but i can't not ask this question. any ideas? ugh, idiots!

Airwaygoddess

Forum Deputy Chief
Also not meaning not to sound gross, but what color was it? Could be and sounds like some kind of staph infection........

SwissEMT

Forum Lieutenant
This thread rocks.:blink:

OP
OP
TheDoll

TheDoll

Forum Captain
This thread rocks.:blink:
i know, it's pretty sick, eh? sorry:D :blush:
airwaygoddess, i didn't notice, it was in a plastic cup. it makes me want to gag just remembering it! thanks for the input. i was just curious bc it struck me as so strange.

HorseHauler

Forum Lieutenant
What kind of dip does he dip?

Easy

Forum Crew Member
When was the last ime this dude brushed his teeth? Could be some various rot from weeks ago....mmmm, tooth decay.....:blink:

OP
OP
TheDoll

TheDoll

Forum Captain
i have no idea what kind of dip this guy uses or if he brushes his teeth. this isn't someone who is my friend or who i even like. so, i'm also not going to ask him. however, i appreciate all of your feedback as disgusting as it is--lol. i didn't know if it would be the kind of thing were someone would say "oh, he has a case of the [insert gross disease]. anyway, thanks a lot, and i promise not to ever bring up fishy smelling sputum again:lol: :blush: *barf*