First Full Ride!

sdaileyemt

Forum Probie
Yay! AMR called me back I got my first ride along Friday 5am to 5pm day shift :) I am so fricking excited! I have done ER time and a ride with the fire department which no offense to y'all fire studs but it sucked! So a 911 call als shift I can not wait! I was also wondering besides wanting to share my excitement what are some tips some dos and don't s? Like is there a treat to bring like fire fighters like ice cream I herd. Any stupid things not to say like the Q word. Thanks guys!

And dose my uniform seem appropriate just gonna were my class uni which is blue cargo ****ies a blue shirt with the schools logo and name on back with my EMS boots. Thanks for all the help sorry if I am rambling this has just been my dream for SO long and here is my first step!

HotelCo

Forum Deputy Chief
Yay! AMR called me back I got my first ride along Friday 5am to 5pm day shift :) I am so fricking excited! I have done ER time and a ride with the fire department which no offense to y'all fire studs but it sucked! So a 911 call als shift I can not wait! I was also wondering besides wanting to share my excitement what are some tips some dos and don't s? Like is there a treat to bring like fire fighters like ice cream I herd. Any stupid things not to say like the Q word. Thanks guys!

And dose my uniform seem appropriate just gonna were my class uni which is blue cargo ****ies a blue shirt with the schools logo and name on back with my EMS boots. Thanks for all the help sorry if I am rambling this has just been my dream for SO long and here is my first step!

Unless your school set this up, I wouldn't wear anything with your school's name on it.

OP
OP
S

sdaileyemt

Forum Probie
They are affiliated with them, And the sup said it would be OK just didn't know if it would make me look like an *** or anything lol

Sasha

Forum Chief
OP
OP
S

sdaileyemt

Forum Probie
Well did my 12 hours with AMR Friday and 10 in the ER Monday and wow! AMR was awesome medic let me do lots of hands on sadly we only had about 6 calls but 4 of them were Medical and he let me help with vitals SAMPLE History and what not. lung sounds on our SOB which really helped! Everything helped and I learned so much from him! Can't wait to work!

Then Monday was wow. The usual ER stuff sick people, homeless, minor MVA's. Then I got one of those lose sleep over, When a female miscarried and the DR showed me the Fetus before it went to the Path lab. It was really hard because my wife is 35 weeks Preg I did not sleep Monday or last night. I know why he did it. He explained how stuff like this happens and you will run into it and it will mess you up but it is always good to get exposed to it early. IDK if that is true but I could have said no but IDK something in me said F-IT I am going to see it one day. But was not really prepared for the psych aftermath. Especially because I can't really talk to my wife about it so...

Anyway learned alot on the two days lots of patient contact!

EMT11KDL

Forum Asst. Chief
Top Gun reference. Nice.

you have to add "The pattern is full" :)

congrats on having a great Full Ride. I remember my first clinical ride, NO CALLS lol, we had major 3rd rider syndrome