First arrest and hey everyone!!

EMTgurl911

Forum Crew Member
Hey I haven't been on here forever. I just started my job for AMR in Riverside and basically doing my field time with a trainer. I had my first full arrest yesterday and it was awesome I got to do compressions and she came back, but two hours after dropping her off at the hospital she went code again, oh well I tried..but it's been great..How is everyone?:rolleyes:

fma08

Forum Asst. Chief
Nice feeling when they come back eh? My last arrest was an 18 y.o. male and we got him back after one shock. Congrats on doing what you could. ^_^

KEVD18

Forum Deputy Chief
im glad you got your first code and you did well with it and are subsequently pumped about it, but....

[soapbox]

full arrest????(yes jon, im going there) as opposed to a partial arrest? a half arrest?

heres a link to three pages of discussion on why that term is ridiculous.

http://www.emtlife.com/showthread.php?t=7555

code, code blue, cardiac arrest, all are great. full arrest isnt.

[/soapbox]

Last edited by a moderator:
OP
OP
EMTgurl911

EMTgurl911

Forum Crew Member
Ok umm I guess I could just say code..but when we went on scene to 41 y.o. female as we go upstairs the firefighters said full arrest..so I took it as that..It was pretty cool as that was also my first driving code 3 call and we go on scene and its like "okay Brandy here's some more adrenaline"...I basically did compressions the whole way, but as soon as we arrived in the ER they were like okay she has a pulse..it was great. Soon to find out she had CHF, Hepatitis A, and I knew that she did had liver problems, hence being jaundice as hell so I kind of expected that.

Last edited by a moderator:

Hastings

Noobie
Nice feeling when they come back eh? My last arrest was an 18 y.o. male and we got him back after one shock. Congrats on doing what you could. ^_^

Slightly deviant post, however:

Actually, no, not necessarily a good feeling.

Was called to a residence for a Cardiac Arrest. 7 minute ETA. ATF approx. 50 y/o M pt laying on the floor, cyanotic, in cardiac arrest. Began compressions, obtained hx from family. Renal failure pt that skipped dialysis. EKG showed Asystole. IV started, intubated, Epi, Atropine. Sodium BiCarb and Calcium Chloride administered. Pt converts to Sinus PEA. Another round of Epi/Atropine. Converts to Sinus w/ pulse. Transported. Upon arrival, ER staff states "I don't think you did this guy any favors." We knew it.