Finding training classes? [Basic in particular]

JimJ[VT]

Forum Ride Along
Hey all...as you can tell by my post count I'm an uber-noob :p

Here's my situation. I'm currently not employed by any agency, but I'm looking around to find an EMT-B class.

I go to school in Blacksburg, VA, so I've kept a watch on the VA Dept. of Health's training schedules and http://www.wvems.org, but they never seem to be updated in time - they'll post a notice of a class that starts in a day or so, so that doesn't help me with getting into one or figuring out when they're offered. A month notice in advance would be good, ya know? ;)

Where do I find this kind of info? I mean, if the rescue squads who are actually teaching the classes don't even post up info on when they are, I don't have a lot of hope for finding one that I can sign up for...:( If any of you guys are in the New River Valley area, that would be great to hear from, as well...

Thanks in advance.

LucidResq

Forum Deputy Chief
I checked out that website you were talking about. It is weird that the only class they have listed started last month. However, they do provide a phone number so I would recommend calling and asking when the next class starts.

(540) 231-7138