finding the right emt program and advice

markymark

Forum Ride Along
Hey there, I am going to take my emt basic training this summer but had a few questions that would be great if I could get some advice on! I am from Minnesota about 20 minutes away from minneapolis. If anyone has some information that would be great.

First up is- where would be the best place to find information on different emt programs to take besides the schools themselves? As far as cost, good training etc... Would it be a good idea to call some of the different ems companies around my area and ask them? Also do emt programs include cpr certification and what other licenses or certifications will I need?

As of right now I would like to take my emt basic classes and complete that along with the different certifications i need, then try to find a good company where I could work there as a basic then after a little while become a paramedic, then hopefully be able to move up in that company to paramedic. From my research I would be very interested in Allina health and hennepin county(when im a medic).

If anyone has any information or advice, I would very much appreciate it, or anything you wish you knew when you were beginning. Thanks for your time!

OP
OP
M

markymark

Forum Ride Along
are all the community college classes basically the same?

Underoath87

Forum Asst. Chief
Community colleges are also accredited, unlike many private EMS academies. So you get college credit that you can apply toward a degree.