FDA and lifepack 15

colafdp

Forum Lieutenant
I would think though that it would be standard to have the shock button be different, bigger, flashing orange or red, etc.

On the 15, the shock button is round instead of that oblong shape, and it's slightly larger. Oh how I remember the zoll's...very easy to use, but a pain in the *** on the highways around here. lol.

and to the poster directly above me, the shock buttons on the 12 and the 15 are different.

Attachments

• IMG00247.jpg
    IMG00247.jpg
    92.9 KB · Views: 14
Last edited by a moderator:

lightsandsirens5

Forum Deputy Chief
Oh, I see. Yea, I guess you could punch the wrong button. Here is the Zoll M. The "On-Off" switch is the center black dial. The shock button is the round button at two o'clock to the on-off. Kind of tough to get them confused.

P0000577.JPG

...very easy to use, but a pain in the :censored::censored::censored: on the highways around here. lol.

How so are they a pain?

spike91

Forum Lieutenant
I HATED the battery life on LP12s during my internship. I'd have to change out batteries after every call that I used the monitor on, and kept 2 extra batteries in the truck beyond the normal one they required.

I loved using the Phillips in school.

Our squad uses the 12s, and I personally don't mind them. Battery wise, we always keep quite a few spares around, but its never really been an issue with us yet.

MonkeySquasher

Forum Lieutenant
This kind of reminds me how no one can find the Heartstart MRx "SYNC" button.

Is that an important button? :D -snicker-

My Volly company runs LP12s, along with an LP11.
My paid company runs Zolls.
At school, we have LP12, LP10, and Zoll.

I must say, I like the Zolls better. I just feel the layout is better. However, I don't like that I have to switch between Defib/Pace/Monitor. Also, I'm not as big of a fan of the buttons for selecting things... Though I admit, they're more straight-forward than the dial on the LP12.

Anyone here like the LP10/11? Personally, I love the 10 in training, especially the ability to easily QuickLook, and the audible tone to note changes in rate.

Also, what exactly has LP updated from the 12-15? Was it really that massive of an upgrade?

colafdp

Forum Lieutenant
.....especially the ability to easily QuickLook, and the audible tone to note changes in rate.

Also, what exactly has LP updated from the 12-15? Was it really that massive of an upgrade?

You can do a quick look with the 12 and 15 too if you have the paddles. Also, you can turn up the volume on the 12\15 so you can hear every QRS, unless i'm mistaken, i think that's what you meant. lol.

the 15 is tougher, more robust and secure cable connections, SpCO on the finger probe, and I can't think of anything else. That's just off the top of my head.

MonkeySquasher

Forum Lieutenant
Alternate sync cardioversion technique: Shock it till you recognize it! :p

HAHAHA If I shock every second, it looks like a normal rhythm, right?? :wacko:

You can do a quick look with the 12 and 15 too if you have the paddles. Also, you can turn up the volume on the 12\15 so you can hear every QRS, unless i'm mistaken, i think that's what you meant. lol.

the 15 is tougher, more robust and secure cable connections, SpCO on the finger probe, and I can't think of anything else. That's just off the top of my head.

Yeah, true, I didn't think that our LP12 doesn't have the paddles. Can we still do it with defib pads? Should be able to... Where is the volume button? Others have said it has it too, but I've never found it.

Also, the LP15 has an SpCO? Like a RAD57? (-researches it-) Oh snap, you're right. That's sweet.

BLSBoy

makes good girls go bad
It also does CO monitoring, and will do BGL through the fingertip probe.

colafdp

Forum Lieutenant
Where is the volume button? Others have said it has it too, but I've never found it.

When on the main screen, rotate the dial so it highlights the HR in the top left corner. Click it in, and then scroll down to volume, click, and turn that puppy up.