Fatal ambulance carjacking

squirrel15

Forum Captain
A shame for the truck driver. I'm trying to understand how she drove so fast the gurney rolled out though, unlatched maybe?

Underoath87

Forum Asst. Chief
Sounds like the stretcher wasn't actually latched in and the back doors weren't closed (because they had started taking the stretcher out when she pulled the knife).

COmedic17

Forum Asst. Chief
(Prepare for my super accurate equipment terminology)

They must of just been getting ready to unload the cot, but had just pushed the bar thing in to release, but not yet begun to pull the cot out.

Because if they had begun pulling the cot out and lowering the legs, the hook-y thing would of caught on the bar and it would of probably dragged behind for a good bit.

squirrel15

Forum Captain

They must of just been getting ready to unload the cot, but had just pushed the bar thing in to release, but not yet begun to pull the cot out.

Because if they had begun pulling the cot out and lowering the legs, the hook-y thing would of caught on the bar and it would of probably dragged behind for a good bit.
The technical terms definitely brought a smile to me

Underoath87

Forum Asst. Chief

Meh, the hook doesn't always catch, especially if the stretcher is coming out at a dramatic angle. And we don't know that it didn't drag or flip around for a bit.

COmedic17

Forum Asst. Chief
Meh, the hook doesn't always catch, especially if the stretcher is coming out at a dramatic angle. And we don't know that it didn't drag or flip around for a bit.
I have never had a cot not " catch" when coming out. Just if it wasn't properly "hooked" while loading. But maybe there's different types/brands of attachments.

I refer to them as "hooky things" so I'm clearly not an expert.

squirrel15

Forum Captain
I have never had a cot not " catch" when coming out. Just if it wasn't properly "hooked" while loading. But maybe there's different types/brands of attachments.

I refer to them as "hooky things" so I'm clearly not an expert.
If you have an actual type 3 box rig and not one of the mini mod boxes, you have a lot more room in back, including multiple places to put the latch on the floor, if not paying attention it can be easy to not catch.

Aprz

The New Beach Medic

COmedic17

Forum Asst. Chief
If you have an actual type 3 box rig and not one of the mini mod boxes, you have a lot more room in back, including multiple places to put the latch on the floor, if not paying attention it can be easy to not catch.
Our county cars are a huge full mod and I can't imagine the bed flying out.

Then again I have never tried......soon.

SandpitMedic

Crowd pleaser
Man, that's wild. Glad the crew is safe. Sad for the truck driver.

mo2002

Forum Crew Member
Man what's up with Hall. My preceptor at Bakersfield college told me about his incident of getting his rig stolen and it crashed.

Angel

Paramedic
Is it just me or is the video not working? All I hear is audio and the image part is stuck on the party city ad

Aprz

The New Beach Medic
Worked on my phone. I use a Galaxy Note 4.