Farooq Muhammed

ihalterman

Forum Crew Member
Click here for the artical

FDNY paramedic Farooq Muhammad is changing the image of emergency medical services, one YouTube video at a time.

The Brooklyn-raised Muhammad, who spends his days helping some of the city's sickest people, is using his own time and money to create rap videos that promote the FDNY's EMS unit.

"We don't get the recognition for what we do," says Muhammad, 35. "I think we deserve more recognition as a service."

He wrote the first rap while sitting in an ambulance waiting for a call. Soon after, he created a story line and video. After running it by FDNY brass, "Call 911" was posted in May 2009. It has been viewed more than 73,000 times.

His second, a more elaborate rap and video called "EMS Anthem," recently arrived and has been viewed more than 14,000 times.

As a paramedic, Muhammad and his FDNY partners respond to calls where rapid intervention is vital to saving lives.

[YOUTUBE]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KXln3ZujCqs[/YOUTUBE] [YOUTUBE]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gi4Imbhr5uc&feature=related[/YOUTUBE]

Last edited by a moderator:

Trayos

Forum Lieutenant
If this can connect with more youth in the city, then i'm all for it. The message is more important then the medium.

nomofica

Forum Asst. Chief
I was actually going to post that second video in the Lounge forum but found the time (by that I mean I never got around to it... :p). I was very impressed with the EMS Anthem song; I quite enjoyed it. I hadn't seen the first video though. I have respect for this guy, and I wish there were more like him. I'd make songs too, but if I sang I'd end up with an MCI on my hands...:ph34r:

firecoins

IFT Puppet
This was already posted.

firecoins

IFT Puppet
If this can connect with more youth in the city, then i'm all for it. The message is more important then the medium.

the youth? I don't need the youth calling 911. I already got the geriatric population.

ExpatMedic0

MS, NRP
Yeah I posted this in the general chat a week or 2 ago. That was prob a bad area to post it though it is getting more hits here. As stated prior I think what he is doing is cool.

busmonkey

Forum Crew Member
This guy is awesome! I really like what he is doing, plus, it's probably not hurting recruitment!

firecoins

IFT Puppet