Etmc ems

mike_84

Forum Ride Along
Hey everyone. I just got hired by East Texas Medical Center a few weeks ago, and start on July 12th. I was just wondering if anyone out there has worked for this company and could give me a heads up on their orientation and anything else i should know. I'm nervous, as this is a 911 and transport company and i've only been in the field for 2 months actually working. And that was just at a transport company.

Any info on Tyler is also welcomed. I've only been in TX for 3 months...

Thanks in advance!
Mike

lightsandsirens5

Forum Deputy Chief
Yea, watch out for the funky green pants.:p

But seriously, I have two friends who work for ETMC EMS and they love it.

OP
OP
M

mike_84

Forum Ride Along
yeah, I seen them fashionable pants the day I had my interview... I just hope they're not as hot as the navy blue polyester pants I had to wear before. I'll be ok with them at least if that's the case.

and from what I can tell, it seems like a great place. Hope they deal well with newbies to the industry...

TccEMT

Forum Crew Member
Don't know much but had a question for you. I applied for the Tyler opening too.
What was your timeline to get hired like? I applied over a month ago and just yesterday got asked to fillout the online questions (the agree/disagree ones).

OP
OP
M

mike_84

Forum Ride Along
I applied when I first moved to Texas in March. They had me fill out the question (agree/disagree) part a week later. Then, I didn't hear back from anyone until mid to late May.