ET tube seperator tool

statler

Forum Ride Along
Hi folks,

I need a little help with the name of an item... We've always called it a "blue U tool" but that's not it's real name...

It's a small wedge that's cut into a U shape. It slides between an ET tube and a BVM or vent circuit to seperate them when the 15mm connectors are stuck together.

Any idea what the real name for this device might be? We're low on them and need to re-order. I don't have a manufacturer or part number and I can't find them in any catolog.

Thanks for any help!

Jon

Administrator
Community Leader
I'm not sure where he gets them... but one of the area paramedic instructors (who is also a RRT) gives these out as his "calling card"... If I'm working with someone who has one on their scope... I know they've at least sat through a class or two... and usually helped him out somehow.

They seem to be more useful than the BAAM's everyone carries on their scopes.

As for where - I've got no clue. his always have blue rubber bands on them to attach them to a scope or something else.

OP
OP
S

statler

Forum Ride Along
That's what I was looking for! Turns out it's called a Trac-Wedge™.

Thanks!

EDIT: Just called Smith Medical, in case anyone else is looking for the same thing, here's the info you need:

When they're not part of a suction kit, they're called a "Disconnect Wedge". The part # is DWG300. They come 25/case.

Last edited by a moderator: