Epipens and Twinjects

Strap

Forum Crew Member
I know awhile back (not sure how long back), a new style Epipen was introduced, the one with the orange shield over the needle end. Do you still see any of the old style pens out there unexpired?

Also, I believe Twinjects aren't on the market any more in the US. Do you still see any of these in the field unexpired?

Are they any other brands of epi auto-injectors that you might expect to encounter in the US?

Christopher

Forum Deputy Chief
I know awhile back (not sure how long back), a new style Epipen was introduced, the one with the orange shield over the needle end. Do you still see any of the old style pens out there unexpired?

Our last ones of that variety expired in 2012.

Also, I believe Twinjects aren't on the market any more in the US. Do you still see any of these in the field unexpired?

These were not common in our area for EMS, perhaps for patients.

Are they any other brands of epi auto-injectors that you might expect to encounter in the US?

The Auvi-Q is the latest, I've yet to personally see it in the field.

Bullets

Forum Knucklehead

The old round pens expired in 2012, now they are oval

Twinjects went out like a year ago too.

Hidden secret of these, in wildness EMS they showed us how to crack open the case and the ampule that held the medicine had easily 2 more does inside, you just had to push the plunger in manually

samiam

Amazing Member
The new ones talk to you! Great for bystanders but adds a good 15 seconds to the process for someone who knows what they are doing also expensive as hell and only one year on the expiration. Have one myself it is eaiser to carry for sure