EMT-Tactical Training

guardian528

Forum Lieutenant
Yeah, I've never seen a cop carry anything bigger than a 9mm. And trust me, I notice cos I'm still not used to seeing cops carrying guns lol

a lot of agencies are switching to the .40S&W. its a nice middle ground for the 9mm and .45. has power closer to the .45, but kicks closer to the 9mm

spisco85

Forum Lieutenant
I took an introcuction to Tactical Medicine. I enjoyed the class. A lot of the specialty classes like tactical, advanced hazmat life support, etc are what I would consider to be fun classes. You get to learn something more specific that you want to learn.

If you enjoy it then who say's it is a waste of money?

OP
OP
Miss Xina

Miss Xina

Forum Lieutenant
I took an introcuction to Tactical Medicine. I enjoyed the class. A lot of the specialty classes like tactical, advanced hazmat life support, etc are what I would consider to be fun classes. You get to learn something more specific that you want to learn.

If you enjoy it then who say's it is a waste of money?

That was my attitude too, but they do have a point. It's only a 3-5 day course so if I can afford it, I'll probably do it anyway. Better to have too many certifications than not enough, eh?

OP
OP
Miss Xina

Miss Xina

Forum Lieutenant
a lot of agencies are switching to the .40S&W. its a nice middle ground for the 9mm and .45. has power closer to the .45, but kicks closer to the 9mm

See, this is the kind of thing I need to get used to. Being from a country where the cops don't even carry weapons, I am rather.. uncomfortable around weapons.

I've been to the shooting range a few times and I really enjoy it. I find it far more addictive than I anticipated, but it's so expensive!

I don't agree with just any Tom, ****, or Harry being allowed to have weapons though. They say it's their constitutional right to have weapons and it's to protect them against intruders, but how does a weapon locked in a safe protect anyone?

I suppose I'll get a lot of negativity from my saying this, but really. Civilians do not need to have guns. Too many accidents happen in the home by either kids playing around, spouses killing each other thinking they're intruders or the intruders actually getting the weapon from the resident and shooting them dead with their own gun.

But I do respect your constitutional right. I just think there are far too many stupid idiots who have 10 guns just lying around the house for the sake of it.

And I actually know such people. With said amount.

resq330

Forum Lieutenant
man, I need to get in on this. Are you on a fire service or something?

Well, I hope I'll get to see you at the training in June. I think that's a good time frame for me. Gimme time to get a few decent hours under my belt and get into better shape!

Nope, strictly rescue. Giles Rescue

Hope I get to see you too! I do plan on taking the tactical medic class this time.

resq330

Forum Lieutenant
That looks pretty damn sweet! Do you work with dogs too? That would be a dream come true if I could do that!

Thanks! Not to toot my own horn but I'm the webmaster of the website. Just got it started in May. Came in 2nd place in state competition.

No, we don't have any dogs. A few squads around us do though.

OP
OP
Miss Xina

Miss Xina

Forum Lieutenant
Thanks! Not to toot my own horn but I'm the webmaster of the website. Just got it started in May. Came in 2nd place in state competition.

No, we don't have any dogs. A few squads around us do though.

Are you in West Virginia or South West of Virginia? Are you anywhere near Newport News?

If so, next time I'm visiting the in-laws, I would like to invade and visit you guys ^_^

resq330

Forum Lieutenant
Are you in West Virginia or South West of Virginia? Are you anywhere near Newport News?

If so, next time I'm visiting the in-laws, I would like to invade and visit you guys ^_^

I live in South West VA. About 25 minutes West of VT. So no...not near Newport News. lol

Wanna go to Live Chat?

OP
OP
Miss Xina

Miss Xina

Forum Lieutenant
Nah...just need to request access under the USER CP. And then under group memberships.

You already have 55 posts! LOL

Dude...what? Lol That seems too much like hard work.

Let me see if I can figure this out

spisco85

Forum Lieutenant
See, this is the kind of thing I need to get used to. Being from a country where the cops don't even carry weapons, I am rather.. uncomfortable around weapons.

I've been to the shooting range a few times and I really enjoy it. I find it far more addictive than I anticipated, but it's so expensive!

I don't agree with just any Tom, ****, or Harry being allowed to have weapons though. They say it's their constitutional right to have weapons and it's to protect them against intruders, but how does a weapon locked in a safe protect anyone?

I suppose I'll get a lot of negativity from my saying this, but really. Civilians do not need to have guns. Too many accidents happen in the home by either kids playing around, spouses killing each other thinking they're intruders or the intruders actually getting the weapon from the resident and shooting them dead with their own gun.

But I do respect your constitutional right. I just think there are far too many stupid idiots who have 10 guns just lying around the house for the sake of it.

And I actually know such people. With said amount.

The constitutional right is for people to be able to overthrow their government if the time comes when the government fails the people. The government is supposed to be afraid of the people not the other way around. Unfortunately power begets greed.

OP
OP
Miss Xina

Miss Xina

Forum Lieutenant
The constitutional right is for people to be able to overthrow their government if the time comes when the government fails the people. The government is supposed to be afraid of the people not the other way around. Unfortunately power begets greed.

November 5th in England is a holiday celebrated with bonfire and a "Guy Fawkes" scarecrow on top to burn to death. It's literally called "bonfire night" and people LOVE IT.

People also really hate the British government. Because it's fashionable. They celebrate this holiday with no idea of the story behind it. If they did, they wouldn't be so quick to throw Ol' Guy on the fire!

Guy Fawkes tried to overthrow the government by putting bombs in Parliament. Or setting fire to it or something. He was caught and ultimately burned to death on Nov 5th for Treason.

That was hundreds of years ago. I think, well, VERY long ago. And we celebrate the torturous murder of Guy Fawkes by the government whilst in the same breath as *****ing about the government.

I love the ignorance! lol

Thindian

Forum Crew Member
I'm an EMT-B with ECG, Pharmacology, ACLS, PALS and PHTLS training. I trained 6 months with a CQB company that primarily instructed military and law enforcement. I work for a 911 company right now, and I'm interested in either making the transfer over to law enforcement or become a reserve police officer for the LAPD. If I had the opportunity to work full time or part time as a medic attached to a SWAT unit, I would.

Knowing all of that, would getting EMT-T certified at the International School of Tactical Medicine be worth it for me?

OP
OP
Miss Xina

Miss Xina

Forum Lieutenant
I'm an EMT-B with ECG, Pharmacology, ACLS, PALS and PHTLS training. I trained 6 months with a CQB company that primarily instructed military and law enforcement. I work for a 911 company right now, and I'm interested in either making the transfer over to law enforcement or become a reserve police officer for the LAPD. If I had the opportunity to work full time or part time as a medic attached to a SWAT unit, I would.

Knowing all of that, would getting EMT-T certified at the International School of Tactical Medicine be worth it for me?

wow...... i want what you have!