EMT Refresher

JMA22

Forum Probie
Hello to everyone that reads this thread, I'm new to this site. I was certified about two years ago with my EMT-B, I never worked in the profession. My EMT-B expires next year April, I would like to start to work in the field. I just feel that I need re-training, I don't remember much! So I was thinking about taking the course all over again, or should I just take the EMT Refresher? I'm not to sure in what direction to go. I'm open for opinions!

Thank you:
Peace

Zeroo

Forum Crew Member
If you did well in the class and studied it should be in your head somewhere. Just take a bunch of refreshers. Idk how much the course where you live costs but around here its around 1.5k. The refreshers are way cheaper. If you still have your book read that.

Last edited by a moderator:

Tigger

Dodges Pucks
Community Leader
Hello to everyone that reads this thread, I'm new to this site. I was certified about two years ago with my EMT-B, I never worked in the profession. My EMT-B expires next year April, I would like to start to work in the field. I just feel that I need re-training, I don't remember much! So I was thinking about taking the course all over again, or should I just take the EMT Refresher? I'm not to sure in what direction to go. I'm open for opinions!

Thank you:
Peace

Part of this will depend on what you are trying to renew. The first time you renew your NREMT you need to provide proof of employment in an EMS or other patient care setting for six months. Otherwise you will have to apply for inactive status, though I'll admit I have little idea about what that is.

Many states do not require employment to stay licensed however. I know in Massachusetts (where I am) you do not need to be employed, you just have to fulfill the refresher and continuing education hours.

OP
OP
JMA22

JMA22

Forum Probie
I have been studying my notes, maybe a refresher will help me out. Thanks!