EMT-I test question- Morphine

VirginiaEMT

Forum Lieutenant
I am taking a test prep online for the NREMT-I 99 exam. There is a question about max. dosage of morphine for pain before contacting med control, to which I answered 10 mg. but the answer according to the website is actually 20 mg. I have not read this amount anywhere. Am I wrong or is the website? Which answer will be used for the National Registry?

DrankTheKoolaid

Forum Deputy Chief
re

It is 20mg here for us, but really that is a system specific question

TheGodfather

Forum Lieutenant
a question like that (IMO) wont be on NR... those types of questions are specific to individual protocols and not so much on the pharmacokinetics/MOA itself..

for purposes of remembering, the "norm" bolus for morphine is 2-10mg (starting with 2, and incrementally adding more as needed up to 10mg) and, dependent on your individual protocol, this may be repeated after 30-45 minutes as necessary...

i wouldn't get too hung up on that question.

OP
OP
VirginiaEMT

VirginiaEMT

Forum Lieutenant
a question like that (IMO) wont be on NR... those types of questions are specific to individual protocols and not so much on the pharmacokinetics/MOA itself..

for purposes of remembering, the "norm" bolus for morphine is 2-10mg (starting with 2, and incrementally adding more as needed up to 10mg) and, dependent on your individual protocol, this may be repeated after 30-45 minutes as necessary...

i wouldn't get too hung up on that question.

Thanks!!