EMT County Recertification

Alas

Forum Crew Member

Dr.NREMT-B

Forum Probie
I would really like to know the answer to this question as well. I have been looking at these sites for a few weeks and will be taking my United States Medical Licensure Exam next summer and don't have a class that opens until near time for recert. Anyone have any ideas? Do these count for the full refresher?

OP
OP
A

Alas

Forum Crew Member
According to this site: http://www.hazmatstudent.com/emt-faqs.shtml
they've made it very clear this is good for california. I asked my boss and he said "it should be good" and that he'll give the county a call but never got back to me. im gonna register now and probably reply here about my experience with this particular website.

SeanEddy

Forum Lieutenant
http://www.ems-ce.com/

I used that site to get a bunch of my CE's for California last year. They are all "instructor based" and can all be used towards your renewal. It's reasonably priced too. You should be able to complete all your CE's with that site.

Hope that helps.

SeanEddy

Forum Lieutenant
Watch out, because California requires that a certain number of CE's be "instructor based". Many only CE sites don't offer that, and therefore can only be used for SOME of your required CE hours. Whatever site you end up using, just make sure they are all "instructor based".

Dr.NREMT-B

Forum Probie
So, what about people outside of CA? Does it apply to National Registry? I am concerned with this statment: "A maximum number of 10 hours CECBEMS approved Distrubutive Education can be applied to refresher education." So, do these websites count as distributive education or do they count as something higher than that? I called NREMT and spoke to someone who said they must meet "F5" certification (whatever that is)! I spoke with hazmatstudent.com and they said that they meet "F2" certification and seemed to think that was higher than F5, but he didn't sound sure. I don't want to do all of the work or risk losing my NR cert.

cstiltzcook2

Forum Crew Member
Sfparamedics.org the instructors are awesome, students are usually engaged, a little pricey but their game is tight.