EMT CC refresher

chbochur

Forum Probie
Hi, I'm new to the forum but I was certified as an EMT CC a little while back (expired since) I've read that the state is discontinuing the program and I have a few months left to renew before they stop letting EMT CC refresher courses. I'm wondering if anyone here knows of an agency near nyc that is offering such a course or are there any other ideas to get recertified (the original course was discontinued last year I believe).

Thanks all for your time

PotatoMedic

Has no idea what I'm doing.
Looks like you could recertify if you have enough continuing education. Or possibly if you need a refresher, maybe a paramedic 48 hour refresher would work? I really have no idea as I know only what I googled over the past 5 minutes.

PotatoMedic

Oh call and ask the state if they know of any.

OP
OP
C

chbochur

Forum Probie
Looks like you could recertify if you have enough continuing education. Or possibly if you need a refresher, maybe a paramedic 48 hour refresher would work? I really have no idea as I know only what I googled over the past 5 minutes.
Thanks for your time and effort looking it up for me!
From my research since it expired I'd need a refresher course not just cme's.
Good idea about the paramedic refresher I'll look into it but I doubt it will be an option.

PotatoMedic

Ahhh! I didntd realize it was expired. Yeah... I have no idea. Best bet is call the state.