EMT Basic

Dawnmarie

Forum Probie
Hello, I am new to this site and I am taking my EMTB test tomorrow and am
very nervous I was wondering if anyone had any tips on what to expect.

Martyn

Forum Asst. Chief
Just don't forget to breathe (seriously though, good luck)

OP
OP
D

Dawnmarie

Forum Probie
Thanks I think I am freaking my self out. I would really like to pass this
on the first try

PaddyWagon

Forum Crew Member
Just don't forget to breathe (seriously though, good luck)

This. Breathe.

Scene Safety. BSI.

You have time.

For practicals (aka psychomotor) talk your way through it, it helps avoid tunnel vision. Plus many check-off points involve talking about what you're doing and why. You have up to 15 minutes to get the patient transported during the assessments if I recall correctly, plenty of time.

For the paper test don't think too much :p only answer what the question is actually asking for. When reading the question determine what stage of the event you're in: size up, primary or secondary.

When in doubt the answer is Airway.

You survived class, you've done all these things in front of other people, be confident and knock it out of the ballpark :cool:

TMEEMT

Forum Ride Along
Be confident in everything you do whether you are taking the psychomotor or cognitive test. Even if you think you did something wrong or failed, you are probably just overthinking it. Good luck!

Mystwaker

Forum Ride Along
Take your time, 10 minutes is a long time and 15 is way more than enough to complete any of the phychomotor stations. Review your flow sheets and know where you are in your assesment. Oh yeah, DONT FORGET TO BREATHE!

OP
OP
D

Dawnmarie

Forum Probie
Thanks for the advice. I have already passed the practical part of the exam it's NREMT test I am taking today. I guess what gets me are the answers could be
More then 1 but which one is the best. Lol o well test is at 11 here goes nothing.

OP
OP
D

Dawnmarie

Forum Probie
NREMT testing

Well I took the basic exam today. Not sure how I did but feeling nervous.
It kicked me out around 105 and took 55 minutes. fingers crossed I waled out feeling like I didn't :blink: pass so will see.