EMT-Basic Textbook for school

rhan101277

Forum Deputy Chief
Found out what the ISBN number is on my textbook. Haven't gotten it yet but wanted to see if I could get it cheaper. But since it looks to come with a workbook as well as a textbook, I will probably just get it from the school.
Never heard of the book before and wanted to get some feedback on the quality of it.

Below is a link I could find, the ISBN is 0763744050

http://cgi.ebay.com/Emergency-Care-...VQQcmdZViewItemQQ_trksidZp1638Q2em118Q2el1247

CFRBryan347768

Forum Captain
When I took my first responder class the company that makes this book also made mine. I thought it was a great book. Make sure you get the work book it helps a ton!

MMiz

I put the M in EMTLife
Community Leader
Amazon.com has a new copy for $60, including shipping. It appears to come with the DVD too.

mikeylikesit

Candy Striper
Good gracious i paid $60 for mine. Never used that addition though otherwise i would send it off to you.

KEVD18

Forum Deputy Chief
be sure to check with your school about acquiring your own book. some schools have it as part of the tuition and it isnt easily remedied if you show up with your own book.

OP
OP
rhan101277

rhan101277

Forum Deputy Chief
I found the webpage that goes along with it, seems extremely in depth. I am excited, school is finally about to start.

http://www.emtb.com/9e/

Last edited by a moderator:

fma08

Forum Asst. Chief
That's the one I used last summer when I took basic. It was pretty good. I liked it, and the work book that went along with it was very helpful.

KEVD18

Forum Deputy Chief
I found the webpage that goes along with it, seems extremely in depth. I am excited, school is finally about to start.

http://www.emtb.com/9e/

you'll breeze right through some of those chapters like they dont even exist.

i just took a few of the pretests for grins and i strongly disagree with some of the proposed answers. i never did like the aaos books.

mikeylikesit

Candy Striper
you'll breeze right through some of those chapters like they dont even exist.

i just took a few of the pretests for grins and i strongly disagree with some of the proposed answers. i never did like the aaos books.
i had to do it to. Sorry Rhan but just study what your told and believe what you can. hopefully the book doesn't contain quite as many fallacies as the pretests.

OP
OP
rhan101277

rhan101277

Forum Deputy Chief
i had to do it to. Sorry Rhan but just study what your told and believe what you can. hopefully the book doesn't contain quite as many fallacies as the pretests.

I definitely don't want to be learning the wrong things to do.

si-ncere

Forum Ride Along
Im currently in EMT-B class we use the Brady Emergency Care 10th Edition and the workbook, it was all included in the tuition. I think its the same one your using just upgraded. I heard the 11th Edition is coming out in October if I remember right. Took some of the pre-test too, is all similar to my text to some degree.

KEVD18

Forum Deputy Chief

silvercat354726

Forum Lieutenant
When I took my EMT-B class last year, I bought the book at the local college. Got to class to find out the CIC sold it with the workbook together cheaper than I paid for just my book. You may want to wait to after the first day of class, or better yet see if you can find anyone that has taken the class with the CIC you have and ask them. Good Luck with class.

mikeylikesit

Candy Striper
I definitely don't want to be learning the wrong things to do.
Book wouldn't pass through like that, it has higher standards. I'm more than positive it was just the site and not the book.